The Manager, Strategic Projects is responsible for supporting strategic initiatives of The Home Depot's Contingent Workforce Program Office (CWPO), which manages all temporary workforce policies and tools for the company. The objective of this position is to ensure internal customers and strategic vendors receive maximum benefit by driving cost management, continuous improvement, process and technology innovation, policy compliance as well as managing direct reports to accomplish goals. The Manager - Contingent Labor also serves as a good steward of enterprise funding to drive improvements in contingent labor technology and policies.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
Nature and Scope:
- 20% Analytics - Leverages data and KPIs to proactively identify service delivery issues, technical issues and/or compliance issues Provides appropriate solutions that are mutually beneficial to both internal and external customers
- 20% Business Relationships - Serves as a strategic thought partner to internal customers to understand and anticipate business needs related to contingent labor Educates business on qualified vendors if necessary Partners with vendors and department leaders to ensure understanding and clarity of new processes; troubleshooting problems when needed
- 20% Leadership - Select, manage and develop a team of diverse talent and skillsets
- 20% Process Management - Drives continuous improvement in both processes and technology through innovation and strategic thinking Leverages understanding of the business, its partners and vendors to solve for pain points throughout the contractor life cycle
- 20% Quality Assurance - Ensures all existing and future priorities parallel business priorities. Ensures Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and Service Level Agreements (SLA) objectives are met Ensures all internal and external customers are in alignment with policies and follow SOPs
Environmental Job Requirements:
- This Position typically reports to Sr. Manager Contingent Labor
- This Position has 1-2 Direct Reports
- 1. Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
Standard Minimum Qualifications:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Years of Relevant Work Experience:
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a associate's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Experience in developing and implementing technology solutions to address business problems, preferably in an agile/product environment
- Prior management experience preferred
- Decision Quality
- Ensures Accountability
- Manages Complexity
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Develops Talent
- Drives Results
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.