The Manager of Advanced Analytics is responsible for evolving the state of analytics for multiple partners. Currently, the leader will guide a team of six with a mission to improve the state of measurement and attribution (highly relevant and timely, but historically a challenge for ecommerce). We’ve made solid progress (see ‘Project Doppler’ below), and we need a leader to continue that progress.
To do this, this leader must be able to (i) leverage prior knowledge of advanced analytics in the creation of robust, democratized tools for their team and partners; (ii) manage multiple (and often divergent) workstreams; and (iii) mine for ideas and perspective by networking across other Business Intelligence communities, Data Science communities, and day-to-day web operations communities.
Once the state of measurement and attribution are improved and implemented, this leader is charged with seeking new problems to solve and leveraging more advanced concepts to help our partners serve our customers.
Key Components of the Role:
- Measurement (‘Project Doppler’): our partners change the site all the time, but hardly ever know the real impact of their changes. This manager will shed light on this problem by improving, expanding, and democratizing Project Doppler (supervised ML algorithm in R) to serve a wide range of partners.
- Attribution: We have thousands of pages, but which ones make the biggest difference? This manager will partner with Adobe Analytics and Product Management to answer that question. And that answer will play a big role in how we shape the customer experience.
- Network & Evangelize: This manager will work within the Data Science & Analytics organization, which is a wealth of intellectual diversity. This manager must network within this group to be apprised of all that is happening and ensure that her/his work product is up to the high standards of his/her colleagues.
- Report progress and results to peers, upper leadership, and occasionally executive leadership
- Manage process improvement group (a team of 2) to ensure synergies between two peer managers (overseeing insights)
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
- 20% - Responsible for presenting analysis and test results and resulting recommendations to peers and senior management. Leverage data to assist in defining site enhancement requirements and be able to present a compelling business case for securing those investments.
- 10% - Communicate opportunities to drive financial goals cross-functionally by making suggestions that support site-wide objectives.
- 20% - Lead conversion planning and forecasting on a weekly, monthly, seasonal, and annual level. Lead ongoing ad hoc analysis of critical business issues that impact site performance; translate analysis into executable recommendations.
- 10% - Draw reasonable and actionable conclusions from analytic summaries and recommend changes to existing policies and processes based on analytic conclusions and understanding of business requirements and drivers. Support recommendations with clear business case that demonstrates bottom-line value.
- 10% - Prioritize and manage execution of requests for report enhancements and analysis from business partners. Establish and evangelize improved data-driven views of site performance.
- 10% - Collaborate with peers to ensure consistency of information, methodologies and reports. Share best practices and develop systems knowledge to deliver new reports and enhance existing reports to meet needs.
- 10% - Manage web analytic project prioritization based on business needs. Maintain and prioritize a list of enhancements requested for all measurement technology in place at Home Depot online.
- 10% - Share leadership for the teams responsible for web analytics (reporting and analysis) and, over-time, structured site (A/B, MVT) testing.
Nature and Scope:
- This position typically reports to Sr. Manager or Director, Homedepot.com
- This position has 5 Direct Reports
- For Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada and New York City residents: The pay range for this position is between $120,000 and $190,000. Starting salary may vary based on a number of factors including, but not limited to, the position being offered, location, education, training, and/or experience. The Home Depot offers additional competitive financial and non-financial benefits, which may include a performance-based bonus program or a profit sharing program depending on position
Environmental Job Requirements:
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
No travel required
Standard Minimum Qualifications:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
- Manages a team of 1-5 direct reports
- Accountable for direct supervision of the work activities of others, in addition to personnel issues (including selection, termination, performance appraisal and professional development of subordinates)
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience:
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- History of hands-on development of statistical models that can process large amounts of data
- Familiarity with data science concepts such as neural networks, machine learning, deep learning, etc., and an ability to find an application for these concepts
- Ability to democratize models for consumption of business partners
- History of managing technically advanced professionals
- Ability to determine ideal models to solve a variety of business problems
- Executive-level communication skills and the ability to communicate complicated findings in layman’s term
- Ability to work cross-collaboratively with a diverse range of partners
- Masters Degree preferred, but not required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Decision Quality
- Drives Engagement
- Ensures Accountability
- Plans and Aligns
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Develops Talent
- Drives Results
- Manages Conflict
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.