The Rental Operations Supervisor is responsible for the success of assigned functions within a complex Rental Operations Facility (ROF) to ensure that it is an outstanding place to work. The Rental Operations Supervisor will be responsible for Logistics Coordination, Building Administration, and managing the General Rental Associates. The Rental Operations Supervisor works with the Rental Branch Manager to develop strategies and objectives to maximizing productivity and leverage expenses for the ROF. Rental Operations Supervisor must analyze trends, solve problems and motivate and develop themselves and associates in order to maximize contribution to the ROF success.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 40% - Supervise Associates: Supervises and monitors personnel work assignments, work flow, performance and work standards, accuracy, and productivity. Follow-up on payroll record keeping and reporting. Writes and conducts employee appraisals and reviews. Administers progressive discipline, (counseling, oral and written warnings), and employee terminations.
- 30% - Directs Work and Assists: Provides a hands-on approach in the organization, scheduling of personnel, and directing of day-to-day activities to include order filling, stocking, shipping, receiving, and inventory control.
- 10% - Communication and Collaboration: Maintains complete and open lines of communication between the facility and corporate office to facilitate efficient facility operations.
- 10% - Recruiting and Hiring: Manages and oversees facility personnel responsibilities to include: recruiting, new hire orientation, and onboarding.
- 10% - Manages Budget: Adheres to budget requirements and works toward obtaining objectives and facility performance goals.
NATURE AND SCOPE
This position reports to the Rental Branch Manager.
This position has up to 12 direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Typically located in a comfortable indoor area. There may be regular exposure to mild physical discomfort from factors such as dust, fumes or odors, temperature extremes, loud noise, strong drafts, or bright lights.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 3 years
Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of presentation software (e.g., Microsoft PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Ability to negotiate, handle complaints, settle disputes, and resolve grievances with both internal and external customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Action Oriented - Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- Business Insights - Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization s goals
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- Decision Quality - Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Manages Complexity - Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.