The Design Center is a spectacular new interactive showroom experience. Our showroom, unlike any other with endless inspiration everywhere you look, thanks to our 30+ interactive kitchen, bath, and laundry rooms. Customers will explore hundreds of products from the most innovative brands in appliances, cabinetry, fixtures and more.
The HDDC Kitchen & Bath Designer designs creative solutions for complex, mid-level design projects. Projects include single and multiple room renovations, new construction and design updates. The Kitchen & Bath Designer assesses customer needs, guides customer decisions, evaluates the scope of the project, integrates information into a design layout, and develops accurate price quotes and provides complete sales presentation for the customer. The Kitchen & Bath Designer is responsible for driving sales and building loyalty for The Home Depot Design Center and The Home Depot while delivering an exceptional customer experience. The Kitchen & Bath Designer must possess strong communication, teamwork, project management and follow-up skills, and is responsible for managing their projects from inception through sale. They will partner with the Project Manager, ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction possible through completion.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
30%- Customer Service
- Communicates the design process and the features, advantages and benefits of the Home Depot Design Center product and services to the client
- Engages clients by asking open-ended questions to determine the client's needs and the scope of the project
- Suggests related items/services that might compliment the client's project needs
- Maintains client relationships by working with the appropriate team members and resolving client issues
60%- Sales & Project Management
- Executes the design process, including client consultations, site visits, creating drawings by hand or with 2020, leading the client presentation and selling the project
- Communicates design plans to the 2020 Tech to execute the design
- Maintains strong relationships and communication with team members in order to successfully execute the project
- Assists with the installation of sold projects by communicating with the Client, Project Expeditor and Project Manager
- Assists in the pre-construction meeting and participates in final project walk through with client
- Transcribes all necessary information into system to order products, determine size and quantity, etc.
- Enters project information to initiate new projects and maintain customer data in the computer system
- Closely monitors daily, weekly, monthly sales reports; makes departmental recommendations to improve sales
- Seeks knowledge to stay informed of new product lines and services
- Routinely develops skills in related areas of expertise; develops team
- Stays abreast of industry trends, government regulations, textiles and building materials, design terminology and trends
- May provide coaching and development to junior/new associates
- Consistently updates knowledge of other HD companies in order to make recommendations to clients
Nature and Scope:
This position reports to the Manager Design.
This position has no direct reports.
Environmental Job Requirements:
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Most of the time is spent located in a comfortable indoor area with frequent opportunity to move about. There may be exposure to mild physical discomforts from factors such as dust, fumes or odors, temperature extremes, loud noise, strong drafts, or bright lights.
Standard Minimum Qualifications:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diploma and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience:
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Associates degree in Interior Design, Architecture or a related design field
- Experience in one or more of the following fields: Project Design, Project Design Sales, Project Design Project Management
- 5+ years of experience in Design and Retail, Specialty Retail, Outside Sale or Trade experience
- Coursework toward completion of CKD, CBD, ASID, State Certification or similar certification coursework
- Advanced project management skills including planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to stay within a budget, analyzing and drawing conclusions, decisiveness, dispute/conflict resolution, process compliance and customer driven
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Ability to read blueprints
- Knowledge of space planning, color theory, textile and building materials, design terminology and government regulations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Sales aptitude including the ability to close the sale, presentation skills, initiative/persistence, adaptability and professionalism
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Customer Focus: Keeps the customer as the focal point of activity. Gets the basics right; delivers the day-to-day performance that clients require. Is polite and friendly in customer engagements to drive satisfaction
- Drives Results: Delivers on commitments and expectations
- Communicates Effectively: Communicates clearly with teammates and supervisors in both verbal and written communications. Uses active listening in understanding message content and point of view
- Collaborates: Contributes to the group's efforts and steps forward to help as needed. Seeks input from others
- Action Oriented: Identifies new opportunities and areas for improvement. Takes action on tasks and challenges
- Manages Ambiguity: Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.