The Home Depot is able to offer virtual employment of this position in the following states ONLY:
AK, AZ, CA, GA, HI, ID, IL, KS, KY, ME, MA, MI, MN, MT, NE, NV, NH, NJ, NM, NY, ND, OH, OR, RI, SD, TX, UT, VT, WA, WV, WI, WYPosition Purpose:
The Data Scientist is responsible for supporting data science initiatives that drive business profitability, increased efficiencies and improved customer experience. This role applies industry-leading analytical methodologies for working with large datasets to extract meaningful business insight and creatively solve business problems. Data Scientists are also responsible for ensuring that developed codes are documented into a library of reusable algorithms.
As a Data Scientist, you will apply advanced analytics methods and algorithms for identifying trends and providing business solutions. This role is expected to present insights and recommendations to non-technical audiences and explain the benefits and impacts of the recommended solutions. In addition, Data Scientists collaborate with business partners and cross-functional teams, requiring effective communication skills, building relationships, and focus on understanding the overall business area being supported.
Specifically, this role is on the Pricing Analytics team. You will execute price elasticity modeling and employ data science to enhance pricing decisions.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
55% Solution Development - Design and develop algorithms and models to use against large datasets to create business insights; Participates in large data analytics project teams by serving as a technical lead for analytics projects; May lead small projects and work independently on solution development; Execute tasks with high levels of efficiency and quality; Make appropriate selection, utilization and interpretation of advanced analytical methodologies
20% Communicating Results - Effectively communicate insights and recommendations to both technical and non-technical leaders and business customers/partners; Present recommendations in a confident manner in order to influence execution of recommendation; Prepare reports, updates and/or presentations related to progress made on a project or solution; Clearly communicate impacts of recommendations to drive alignment and appropriate implementation
10% Business Collaboration - Incorporate business knowledge into solution approach; Effectively develop trust and collaboration with internal customers and cross-functional teams; Work with project teams and business partners to determine project goals
15% Technical Exploration & Development - Seek further knowledge on key developments within data science, technical skill sets, and additional data sources; Participate in the continuous improvement of data science and analytics by developing replicable solutions (for example, codified data products, project documentation, process flowcharts) to ensure solutions are leveraged for future projects; Build and maintain library of reusable algorithms for future use, ensuring developed codes are documented
Nature and Scope:
This position typically reports to Manager or above
This position has 0 Direct Reports
Environmental Job Requirements:
1. Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Standard Minimum Qualifications:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience:
Certifications & Licenses:
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Demonstrated experience in predictive modeling, data mining and data analysis
- Particularly PhD or Masters in a quantitative field (Economics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Math, Statistics, etc.)
- 4+ years of experience in data science
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Power Point
- Experience in a modern scripting language (preferably Python)
- Proficient running queries against data (preferably with Google BigQuery or SQL)
- Proficient with data visualization software (preferably Tableau)
- Proficient utilizing statistical techniques to identify key insights that help solve business problems
- Knowledgeable in Prescriptive Modeling like optimization
- Action Oriented: Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- Business Insight: Applying knowledge of the business and the marketplace to advance the organization's goals
- Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Customer Focus: Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Nimble Learning: Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder
- Optimizes Work Processes: Knowing the most efficient and effective processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Plans and Aligns: Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
- Self-Development: Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels
For Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada and New York City residents: The pay range for this position is between $50,000 and $190,000. Starting salary may vary based on a number of factors including, but not limited to, the position being offered, location, education, training, and/or experience. The Home Depot offers additional competitive financial and non-financial benefits, which may include a performance-based bonus program or a profit sharing program depending on position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.