Sr. User Experience Designers work hand in hand, often pairing, with other members of product teams to bring products to life.
Enthusiasm for mentorship and solid subject matter expertise in UX design and research required. Previous instructional and/or instructional design experience preferred. This role focuses on a range of activities, including instruction, instructional design, content research, and stakeholder collaboration. This role will work collaboratively inside the OrangeMethod instructional team to research, design, and deliver a variety of UX-focused learning experiences to Technology associates at The Home Depot.
The Sr. User Experience Designer is responsible for designing intuitive, quality products through collaboration with end users and modern software development teams. Sr. Designers work directly with end users to collect and analyze quantitative and qualitative data through formal research. This information is used to inform product-related hypotheses, recommendations, and ultimately user stories in the product backlog.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
40% - Planning & Analysis:
Communicates with key user and operational groups to understand business needs
Elicits ideas and assists team members with gaining shared understanding, and aligns the product team and stakeholders
Presents design concepts, user needs, and design rationale to multidisciplinary teams, as well as to key stakeholders and business partners
60% - Delivery & Execution:
Analyzes user experience data and provides recommendations to address business needs
Documents, reviews and ensures that all quality and change control standards are met
Collaborates and pairs with other product team members (UX, engineering, and product management) to design solutions
Creates designs such that information is easy to find, consume, and understand
Communicates ideas and designs to end user and product team members
Participates in and contributes to learning activities around modern software design and development core practices (communities of practice)
Nature and Scope:
Typically reports to the User Experience Manager or Sr. Manager.
Environmental Job Requirements:
2. Located in a comfortable indoor area. Conditions could produce mild discomfort on occasion.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Standard Minimum Qualifications:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience:
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience
- Proficiency in one or more of the following disciplines: user research, interaction design, information architecture, visual design; exposure to and interest in growing in the others
- Experience translating user needs into visual assets
- Experience analyzing both quantitative and qualitative data and presenting findings and recommendations
- Experience with rapid prototyping and visualization
- Experience leveraging research and usability strategy deliverables such as discovery findings, mental models, scenarios, user journey maps, personas, debrief documentation, screeners, testing plans, task lists, low and high fidelity prototypes, annotated wireframes, and/or clickable prototypes
- Experience with approaches to translating findings into tangible designs such as heuristic reviews, usability testing, competitive product analysis, web metrics data, field research, quantitative surveys, user interviews, and persona development
- Experience with rapid prototyping and visualization tools such as Axure, iRise, Balsamiq, Omnigraffle, Visio, Adobe CC, and UXPin
- Experience with visual software tools such as Adobe illustrator, Photoshop, and Fireworks
- Proficiency in using style guides, iconography, and/or typography
- Experience working as part of a collaborative, cross-functional modern software design and development team
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Balances Stakeholders: Anticipating and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders
- Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Customer Focus: Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Self-Development: Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels
- Situational Adaptability: Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.