The Senior Analyst Interconnected Assortment Strategy will provide analytical support and subject matter expertise to assortment decisions made by the merchandising organization. This position is responsible for assisting in Product Line Reviews from an interconnected perspective and should be seen by the merchant organization as a thought leader on an assortment strategy for an interconnected marketplace. The Sr Analyst should be an advocate for implementing assortment strategy best practices across a portfolio of categories.
- Working in collaboration with Direct Fulfillment Merchants to determine category goals and objectives, conduct standard and ad hoc analysis to identify key drivers of performance and recommend assortment decisions that will improve category performance. Typical analysis will include (a) marketplace ad macroeconomic trends impacting category, (b) competitive assortment analysis, (c) vendor portfolio strengths and weaknesses including private brand, (d) line structure, (e) identifying key product attributes, (f) regional analysis, and (g) review and customer feedback. Develop executive level presentations that summarize analysis including historical category performance, strategic rationale underpinning assortment decisions. Report out to all levels of management. Accountable for accuracy, thoroughness, thought process, timeliness and viability of recommendations.
- Special Projects / Own Merchant/DFM/Associate merchant relationship for designated SVP line.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
- 30% - Partner with Merchandise Planning Managers and Online Merchants to analyze business drivers, provide insightful assessments and execute strategies to achieve business objectives.
- 40% - Track and measure business performance via execution of key daily, weekly and monthly reporting; seek out opportunities to continuously improve reporting efforts.
- 30% - Contribute to projects and new initiatives with further strategic business objectives.
Nature and Scope:
Position reports to Manager, Interconnected Assortment Strategy
No direct reports
Environmental Job Requirements:
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
No travel required
Standard Minimum Qualifications:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience:
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- MBA or equivalent work experience in retail, merchandising, or a consulting/project management role in a corporate environment
- Demonstrated ability with business modeling capabilities using tools such as SQL, Excel, Access, and Tableau and advanced proficiency with other Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to understand business drivers and influence decision making with cross-functional partners
- Proven ability to analyze, evaluate, and interpret complex data; innate intellectual curiosity
- Track record of taking ownership and driving results; ability to learn quickly and independently
- Ability to work simultaneously across several work streams balancing quality of work and consistent delivery
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- High comfort level working in fast paced environment
- Action Oriented
- Drives Engagement
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Drives Results
- Manages Conflict
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.