A Logistics Analyst uses analytical methods and a variety of tools to understand, predict, and/or control Logistics operations and processes. Analysts are responsible for data management, analyzing performance, identifying problems, and developing recommendations that support Logistics management. Solves problems by considering courses of action within the framework of management s goals and standards. Completes all tasks in expected timeframes. Must be a self starter, detail oriented, able to support multiple projects and/or Logistics business functions, possesses excellent communication skills, works well with a team, interacts with multiple levels and functions with the Logistics organization, and able to manage vendor/business relationships.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
Nature and Scope:
- 25% Create and analyze reports to support business execution.
- 25% Develops business tools and solutions based on knowledge, product or technology and identifies Logistics process improvement.
- 15% Supports vendor/business partner relationships.
- 15% Develops and maintains cost estimates, forecasts, and cost models
- 10% Performs data management through a combination of data mining, data modeling, data analysis, cost/benefit analysis and/or problem analysis; while executing day to day processes related to area of responsibility.
- 10% Supports the business through ad-hoc queries, and maintains reports from a variety of resources as specific to department or organizational needs
No direct responsibility for supervising others.
Environmental Job Requirements:
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Standard Minimum Qualifications:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience:
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Industrial Engineering, Business Administration, Math or Finance Degree
- Experience with Six Sigma or other Process Improvement Methodology
- Proficient in: Microsoft Office Suite including Access, Excel, Powerpoint, Project, Word and Visio.
- Advanced Skills in: Mini-Tab, Access, SQL, Visual Basic Skills for Data Acquisition and Analysis
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Business Analysis: Clarifies and resolves complex business issues by breaking them down into meaningful components to determine root cause and redesigning internal and external business processes.
- Business Communication: Writes, speaks, and presents clearly and succinctly across a variety of communication settings and adjusts communication style to the audience by translating and articulating technical concepts to non-technical groups.
- Creative Thinking: Demonstrates originality and imagination in thinking while developing a solution to a problem.
- Financial Acumen: Utilizes fundamental concepts of finance to manage budgets, forecast costs, and provide information to account for the financial impact of decision-making.
- Adaptability: Adapts to and embraces change with composure, resilience, and perseverance in the face of constraints, high pressure, and adverse situations.
- Delivers Results: Demonstrates a clear bias for action and a sense of urgency on priorities.
- Drives Excellence: Approaches problems systematically; develops solutions with sustainable and scalable results.
- Excels in Customer Service: Thinks and acts with a customer perspective.
- Inspires Achievement: Excites associates about change, by explaining its benefits and the business case.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.