MUST LIVE WITHIN 20 MILES OF WEST DALLAS, TX
The Sr. Field Rental Technician is an experienced, highly skilled mobile repair technician performing repairs on many types of rental construction equipment. Types of equipment ranging from earthmoving, aerial, landscaping, and material handling equipment. Majority of repairs will be on a jobsite or in a mobile environment. Repairs will range from general repairs and maintenance, up to more complex repairs on hydraulic, electrical and diesel engines.
This position reports directly to the Rental Repair Supervisor (RRS) supporting the overall service efforts at the Rental Operations Facility (ROF), but primarily repairing and servicing current customers with repair needs in the field. The Sr Field Rental Tech will also play a key role to teach and train other associates passing on their in-depth rental repair and equipment knowledge.
This position will be required to be on call with rotating schedule including nights and weekends and will performs other duties listed on this job descriptions as well as other duties assigned by the Rental Repair Supervisor.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 70% - Diagnose, maintain and repair all components of the machine, including gas and diesel engines, hydraulics, electrical systems, fuel systems, and brake systems.
- 10% - Documents all work performed on tablet technology, including completion of work orders to capture parts usage and labor, performing parts inventory counts, etc. Performs aerial lift inspections according to required checklist
- 10% - Provides expert knowledge to all Rental associates and customer in the proper operation of the equipment and standard operating procedures.
- 5% - Follows safety protocol, including proper storage of supplies and fuel, proper disposal of waste oils and fluids, and proper lifting and moving of materials and equipment.
- 5% - Safely operates forklift to load, unload, and move equipment and materials in the shop and yard.
NATURE AND SCOPE
- This position reports to the Regional Rental Manager
- This position has 0 direct reports
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Environment: Working conditions include working in the outdoors and jobsites including in extreme temperatures; working around dirt, grease, fumes, oils, and chemicals; prolonged exposure to loud noises from engines, compressors, power tools, and equipment. Working conditions include significant physical demands such as lifting (up to 80 lbs) from the waist, lifting from the shoulder, prolonged standing, bending, kneeling, crawling underneath equipment, climbing on top of equipment, reaching and stretching. Environment will require repetitive hand, wrist, and arm movements, including skilled work with fingers. Occasionally, employee will be required to work at heights. Must complete a drug screen and the Essential Job Functions Form prior to working.
- Must be twenty-one years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in the construction equipment rental business with related lines of equipment
- Experience and ability to perform advanced troubleshooting and repairs on electrical systems, hydraulic systems, and diesel engines.
- Ability to read and understand detailed schematics (electrical and hydraulic) to determine source of mechanical failure.
- Ability to read technical and service manuals.
- Competent in the use of tablet and computer technology to document service work.
- Ability to consistently and accurately document work performed.
- Good communication and organization skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work efficiently.
- Ability to work independently.
- Experience, ability and desire to provide an excellent customer service.
- Working knowledge of handheld technology (smartphone, laptop, tablet).
- Education Required: High School Diploma or GED
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 5 years
- Ability to safely lift 80 lbs minimum.
- Ability to operate in extreme outdoor working conditions.
- Requires a valid driver’s license with safe driving record in order to drive in a CMV capacity, including passing a road test and obtaining a DOT medical certificate.
- Must be at least age 21 to drive in a CMV capacity.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Resides within 45 miles of target city (ROF Location).
- 5+ years of road tech experience in the equipment rental industry
- Ability to self-direct and work independently.
- Maintain a professional appearance and provide a positive company image.
- Able to adapt to unforeseen circumstances, including weather, traffic, and business needs.
- Effective in organization, prioritization, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Action Oriented
- Decision Quality
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Drives Results
The Home Depot Rental is your single source for large equipment, general tools, trucks and trailers all in one location. With more than 1,200 convenient locations and a young fleet of pro-quality tools and equipment, The Home Depot Rental can help you get the job done. Plus, not only do we offer transportation solutions with our truck and van rentals, but we also provide onsite delivery service for large equipment rentals.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.