A Logistics Sr. Analyst uses analytical methods and a variety of tools to understand, predict, improve and/or control Logistics operations and processes. Sr. Logistics Analysts are responsible for data management, analyzing performance, identifying problems, and developing recommendations that support Logistics management. Solves problems by considering courses of action within the framework of business goals and standards. Operates with minimal supervision and once given general assignments, prioritizes and executes tasks. Provides and communicates recommendations to upper management. Mentors and guides Logistics Analysts in daily work tasks. Must be a self starter, detail oriented, able to support and lead multiple projects, possess excellent communication skills, work well with a team, interact with multiple levels and functions with the Logistics organization, and able to manage vendor/business relationships.
- Daily project activity coordination for multiple large scale initiatives such as Supply Chain Sync, Manual Floor Load, and Breakpack enhancement Implementation.
- Developing and executing score carding for project and key organizational metrics to evaluate the performance to business case of those projects.
- Performs forecasting, development and implementation of process improvement opportunities associated with assigned projects
- Performs analysis in support of requested business and systemic enhancements which will result in cost savings to the company
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
Nature and Scope:
- 25%-Utilizes quantitative skills to create and analyze reports to support business execution. Supports the business through ad-hoc queries, and maintains reports from a variety of resources as specific to department or organizational needs
- 25%-Develops business tools and solutions based on knowledge, product or technology. Identifies Logistics process improvement opportunities through strategic thinking, critical thinking and analysis
- 20%-Provides recommendations to senior management. Mentors and guides Logistics Analysts
- 20%-Performs data management through data mining/data modeling/data analysis/cost/benefit analysis/process mapping/%/or problem analysis while executing day to day processes related to area of responsibility. Develops & maintains cost estimates, forecasts, and cost models. Supports business through ad-hoc queries & maintains reports
- 10%-Manages vendor/business partner relationships
Environmental Job Requirements:
- This position reports to Manager of Sr Manager
- This position has no Direct Reports
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Standard Minimum Qualifications:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience:
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Industrial Engineering, Business Administration, Math or Finance Degree Master's Degree
- Experience with Six Sigma or other Process Improvement Methodology
- Proficient in: Microsoft Office Suite including Access, Excel, Powerpoint, Project, Word and Visio.
- Advanced Skills in: Mini-Tab, Access, SQL, Visual Basic Skills for Data Acquisition and Analysis, Visio-Process Mapping Skills
- Project Management Skills
- Finance/CBA/Capital Budget Experience
- Business Analysis: Clarifies and resolves complex business issues by breaking them down into meaningful components to determine root cause and redesigning internal and external business processes.
- Business Communication: Writes, speaks, and presents clearly and succinctly across a variety of communication settings and adjusts communication style to the audience by translating and articulating technical concepts to non-technical groups.
- Creative Thinking: Demonstrates originality and imagination in thinking while developing a solution to a problem.
- Financial Acumen: Utilizes fundamental concepts of finance to manage budgets, forecast costs, and provide information to account for the financial impact of decision-making.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.