The Home Depot is able to offer virtual employment of this position in the following states: AL, AK, AZ, AR, DE, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WA, WV, WI, WY
The Finance Business Services (FBS) team serves as a strategic and innovative partner focused on supporting business growth, as part of a world-class controllership organization.
The FBS Lead Analyst will drive day-to-day activities, advise, and support managers across the Record to Report (R2R) tower. This role will partner with project teams and external business partners to support problem solving efforts. The person in this role is responsible for driving the daily the activities of the team, ensuring customer service, and encouraging continuous improvement. The FBS Lead Analyst provides coaching to team members, along with supporting their development of business and technical skills.
As a FBS Lead Analyst, you will support individual contributors (Analysts and Sr. Analysts) prioritize and review work, while balancing your own workload. This role is expected to present continuous improvement insights and recommendations to managers and leaders. In addition, lead analysts will collaborate with cross-functional teams, requiring effective communication skills, and the ability to build relationships and partnerships while managing competing priorities.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
- 10% Collaboration - Leverages prior experiences to help develop and recommend solutions; Effectively develops trust and collaboration with internal customers and cross-functional teams in other towers; Collaborates with appropriate team members to gather input and feedback concerning business needs; Understands the technical needs required for successfully tackling business problems
- 10% Continuous Improvements & Controls - Participates in the continuous improvement of FBS processes by developing scalable solutions; Ensures appropriate processes and job-specific requirements are properly documented; Works closely with compliance and controls teams as needed
- 60% Operational Duties & Oversight - Coordinate execution by a small team of required tasks related to the delivery of the (PTP, OTC, RTR) tower; Collaborates effectively with other teams in organizing key hand-offs between teams, as needed; Works on building and proposing solutions for internal or external customers; Fosters continuous improvement and innovation by challenging and proposing ideas for doing things in a different way; Helps to ensure execution of controls related to the day-to-day activities; Creates regular reports for the leadership; assists with or produces other reports as requested; Provides advise and analysis to increase the efficiency; Leverages prior experiences to help develop and recommend solutions; Executes month end / year end processes; Collaborates with program managers and business partners to align on objectives and expectations and ensure team members deliver against them; Monitor and works towards meeting KPIs and SLAs defined for the area; Serve as first escalation point for any issues or difficulties with specific projects
- 20% People Management & Team Leadership - Provides guidance to Analysts and Senior Analysts and evaluate execution and contribution; Supports timely feedback to the analysts regarding performance, execution, and contribution; Support steam in development of business knowledge and technical skills with clear plans and regular assessment of progress; Foster collaboration with team members to develop a supportive and engaged team; Support team in the design and development of algorithms and models to use against large datasets to create business insights Drive team's results and celebrate accomplishments
Nature and Scope:
Environmental Job Requirements:
- This Position typically reports to FBS Manager or Sr Manager
1. Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Standard Minimum Qualifications:
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 4 years
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance,
- Advanced understanding of accounting and / or finance principles and practices, generally accepted accounting principles
- Experience in retail industry is a plus
- Working with BPO external teams is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software as well as other accounting software programs
- Experience with different innovative technologies like RPA, AI, Machine Learning, and business query & analytics tools is highly desired
- Experience with data analytics / data visualization
- Prior experience reviewing and explaining financial results highly preferred
- Previous people and project management experience
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strategic mindset, strong analytical, problem solving, and research skills
- Ability to anticipate work needs and interact professionally with customers
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Action Oriented
- Nimble Learning
- Cultivates Innovation
- Instills Trust
- Optimizes Work Processes
- Builds Networks
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Drives Results
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.