MUST LIVE WITHIN 20 MILES ROUND, TX
Field Service Professional - As a Field Service
Professional you will maintain a variety of light industrial equipment found in
retail locations and manufacturing facilities, such as paint shakers, carpet
carousels, checkout stand, blind cutting machines, shopping carts, and lifts.
You must be a self-starter, eager to "hit the road" and derive great
satisfaction in getting customer's equipment up and running. Generally, provide
maintenance and repairs in various locations within a 1.5-hour radius of your
home. The hours for this position are based on customers maintenance needs and
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key
30% - Be customer-focused, strive to delight the
customer. Be available and accessible by phone and computer daily as required.
Explain each service and repair performed to customers
30% - Maintain, trouble-shoot and service light
industrial equipment both mechanically and electrically. Troubleshoot, adapt,
and resolve/repair all issues to keep equipment functioning properly. Test each
system after service/repair is complete to ensure the system is functioning
properly. Perform proper inspection of customer system to prevent future
issues. Read mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical schematics as
20% - Provide daily reports and communicate
regularly with store managers, District Managers and home office personnel.
Provide detailed and clear service reports, turning them in daily. Make phone
calls and processing paperwork in accordance with CPES policies and procedures
10% - Use computer applications for word processing,
modify excel spreadsheets, inventory control and reporting
10% - Use sound judgment to deal with and eliminate
safety related issues
Nature and Scope:
This position reports to the REGIONAL SVCS
This position has no direct reports
Environmental Job Requirements:
1. Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any
unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Standard Minimum Qualifications:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
Must have reliable transportation and valid Driver's License with proof of insurance and good driving record
- Versatile equipment maintenance repair skill set
- PLC and Welding experience - Light welding beneficial
- Ability to adhere to OSHA regulations including, but not limited to fall protection, lock-out tag-out procedures
- 1-3 years wrench in hand experience (mechanical, engineering, electrical, copiers, or cable installation (Experience limited to only computer/IT repair and installation is not generally a fit for this role.)
- Must be able to read mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical schematics as required
- Ability to sit, stand and drive for extended periods of time. Lift 80 lbs. Climb 15+ ft.
- Must reside within 15-20 miles of the target city
- Must have standard tools used in the craft, a computer and scanner with high-speed internet access
- Be a self-starter, driving customer satisfaction with a passion for equipment maintenance
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diploma and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience:
Certifications & Licenses:
Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
Action Oriented: Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and
Builds Networks: Effectively building formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside of the organization
Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
Decision Quality: Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.