A Logistics Analyst uses analytical methods and a variety of tools to understand, predict, and/or control Logistics operations and processes. Analysts are responsible for data management, analyzing performance, identifying problems, and developing recommendations that support Logistics management. Solves problems by considering courses of action within the framework of management s goals and standards. Completes all tasks in expected timeframes. Must be a self starter, detail oriented, able to support multiple projects and/or Logistics business functions, possesses excellent communication skills, works well with a team, interacts with multiple levels and functions with the Logistics organization, and able to manage vendor/business relationships.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
NATURE AND SCOPE
- 25% Create and analyze reports to support business execution.
- 25% Develops business tools and solutions based on knowledge, product or technology and identifies Logistics process improvement.
- 15% Supports vendor/business partner relationships.
- 15% Develops and maintains cost estimates, forecasts, and cost models
- 10% Performs data management through a combination of data mining, data modeling, data analysis, cost/benefit analysis and/or problem analysis; while executing day to day processes related to area of responsibility.
- 10% Supports the business through ad-hoc queries, and maintains reports from a variety of resources as specific to department or organizational needs
No direct responsibility for supervising others.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant condition
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 2 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles. Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Business Analysis: Clarifies and resolves complex business issues by breaking them down into meaningful components to determine root cause and redesigning internal and external business processes.
- Business Communication: Writes, speaks, and presents clearly and succinctly across a variety of communication settings and adjusts communication styles
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.