Own all aspects of multiple concurrent retail construction projects including evaluating requirements, design, budgeting, scheduling, and due diligence supporting the construction of corporate facilities BAU projects, new stores, expansions, remodels, specific business initiatives and other major capital improvements, investments, and new initiatives.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Manages corporate facilities BAU capital projects, construction projects, remodel programs and other capital related to construction expenses on multiple concurrent projects (stores)
- A key member of the Construction development team. Participates in pre-development activities, in partnership with Real Estate Managers, external vendors and Site Development Coordinators, including site analysis, sales studies, due diligence, budget cost estimates, proformas, lease reviews and development agreements to ensure cost effective solutions are attained
- Develops, approves and executes all related contract documentation
- Continually looks for ways to value engineer construction costs and project schedule duration
- Oversees the scheduling, financial status reports and other reports regarding budgeting, scheduling, and designs of ongoing construction projects
- Interacts and communicates with departments such as Corporate Facilities, In Store Environment, Store Planning, Building Services, Real Estate and Store Operations
- Participates in short / long range planning for the division, monitors organizational structure, human resource requirements, technical and educational needs and actively develops personnel to achieve goals and objectives of the division
- Prepares for and participates in routine project status updates to departmental leadership in collaboration with the regional development team
NATURE AND SCOPE
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Typically reports to Director Construction
Typically located in a comfortable indoor area. There may be regular exposure to mild physical discomfort from factors such as dust, fumes or odors, temperature extremes, loud noise, strong drafts, or bright lights
Typically requires overnight travel 20% to 40% of the time
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Must meet many, simultaneous demands for important decisions/actions and face some confrontations or other difficult situations and demands for results.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 5 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
Knowledge of Engineering, Architecture, or Construction Industry
- Construction Project Management experience
- General Contractor / Vendor management skills
- Strong communication and negotiating skills
- Financial analysis skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.