Senior Operations Business Analysts are responsible for leading small to medium subsets of larger projects and initiatives and individual processes that bring value to The Home Depot. They must possess a high level of analytical ability to distinguish multiple components of a problem and develop conclusions using quantitative skills. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to leading teams on projects, effective communication to teams and other leaders, reviewing and understanding sales/financial data, identifying trends in business and the retail industry. A successful Senior Operations Business Analyst will possess and demonstrate strong leadership skills, analytical ability, and communication.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
Nature and Scope:
- Lead Project Teams of Analysts and other associates
- Perform data gathering tasks, synthesis - develop solutions, project/strategy planning and data utilization
- Produce documents for teams and leadership to review and utilize. Deliver presentations to teams and executive leaders and sponsors
- Build skills and knowledge including self-development, team knowledge and customer (internal) knowledge.
- Deliver presentations to teams and executive leaders and sponsors.
Environmental Job Requirements:
- Typically reports to Store Operations Process Manager or Store Operations Business Manager (or Sr. Managers)
- No associates report to this role on a permanent basis, but requires the leadership of a work group: assign and review work, train and contribute to performance appraisal (but not hiring, firing or disciplinary action).
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Standard Minimum Qualifications:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 3 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
A Master's Degree is preferred.
(5 years of work experience is preferred)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
Experience leading high performing teams
Consulting management and/or project management.
Strong quantitative skills such as statistics and data analysis
Strong Operations, Retail and/or field knowledge
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.