The Senior Analyst, New Product Development is responsible for managing THD’s relationship with existing third-party credit providers and providing regular reporting to ensure management has information needed to make informed business decisions. Important financial trends will be identified quickly, and appropriate strategies will be developed/implemented to ensure financial targets are achieved. Critical metrics to be analyzed include credit sales penetration, approval rates, credit lines and margin expense line items. Manages multiple, cross-functional projects and may manage smaller, single-function projects.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
- Helping to manage third-party vendor relationships, conducting regular touch bases, coordinating periodic business reviews, and holding vendors accountable for hitting stated targets
- Working with internal and third-party partners to address process, IT and/or customer issues as they occur, and resolve them at a speed that meets the businesses needs
- Regularly reporting out to management on the state of the business. Comfortable presenting before senior leadership and holding others accountable for delivering results
- Assisting with bringing new financial products to fruition or developing the capability to offer existing financial products through a new channel (i.e., in-store, online, in-home, etc.)
Nature and Scope:
This postion typically reports to Senior Manager Credit Services or Manager Credit Services
This position has no Direct Reports.
Environmental Job Requirements:
1. Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Standard Minimum Qualifications:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience:
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Project Management Experience
Relationship Management Experience
- Capable of coordinating both internal resources and third party vendors to deliver multi-faceted projects ahead of stated deadlines
- Capable of navigating large, complex organizations in order to identify and engage with the appropriate internal partners (i.e., IT, Marketing, Legal, etc.) to ensure all necessary stakeholders are involved in the design, approval and execution stages of a project
- Capable of leading meetings, capturing action items, following up with accountable parties, and overcoming obstacles as they present themselves
- Capable of reporting on project progress on a regular cadence, and escalating obstacles to management as necessary
Customer Service Oriented
- Comfortable building relationships with internal counterparties throughout a large, complex organization, andBuilding buy-in from internal counterparties whose support is needed for a project to succeed
- Influencing and working with those over whom you have no direct authority
- Comfortable owning the relationship with third party technology and finance vendors, responsible forHolding vendors accountable for delivering excellent customer service to our end customers
- Holding vendors accountable for meeting Service Level Agreements and achieving desired financial metrics
- Coordinating periodic business reviews with each vendor to assess the state of the business and opportunities for improvement
- Serving as the point of contact between internal and external resources (i.e., IT, Marketing and Legal, etc.)
Process Improvement Oriented
- Passionate about delivering excellent customer service, both to fellow employees and our end customers
- Willing to go above and beyond to take care of the customer, and challenging our vendors to the same
- Able to creatively think about ways to improve existing processes
- Willing to work with both internal resources and third-party vendors to streamline existing processes to improve the customer experience
- Able to identify potential gaps in our existing product offerings that could be filled by offering a new financial product
- Willing and able to work with multiple stakeholders to design, approve, test and roll-out new financial products
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Comfortable negotiating the renewal of existing contracts, identifying opportunities for enhanced SLAs or economics, and gaining such concessions from our vendors
- Comfortable negotiating the terms of a new financial product with our third party vendors
- Very strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Sound decision-making skills.
- Track record of successfully managing multiple, simultaneous projects.
- Demonstrated excellence at project management for small-to-medium projects.
- A strong grasp of Project Management skills and requirements gathering.
- Able to strategically analyze business problems and opportunities. Exhibited ability to work independently.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.