The Cybersecurity Sr Engineer role on the Security Posture Management Engineering and operations Team provides an extension of Cybersecurity focus on identifying misconfiguration issues and compliance risks across Public Cloud and SaaS Platforms. Security Posture Management with the Cloud Security Team is responsible for designing, building, and deploying continuous and automated monitoring solutions to identify gaps in security policy enforcement across cloud infrastructure and SaaS Platform. Protecting what matters most to our associates and consumers by securing our sensitive data and critical assets from current and emerging threats. At The home Depot, Cybersecurity consists of Architecture, Governance, Identity & Access Management, Internal Threat Operations, Issue and Compliance Management, Risk Assessment/Advisory, Security Consulting, Security Operations, Service Optimization and Strategic Planning.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
100% - Deliver Execution, Plans & Align, Problem Solving - Design automation workflows and capabilities in support of data collection, investigation and incident response Develop threat hunting and data analysis strategy and capabilities Identify and propose new technologies, methodologies and/or approaches to detecting malicious activity Utilize indicators to scope and respond proactively to emerging threats Design, build, configure, maintain and monitor cybersecurity threat defense capabilities and user access management
Nature and Scope:
For Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada and New York City residents: The pay range for this position is between $50K and $125K. Starting salary may vary based on a number of factors including, but not limited to, the position being offered, location, education, training, and/or experience. The Home Depot offers additional competitive financial and non-financial benefits, which may include a performance-based bonus program or a profit sharing program depending on position
This Position typically reports to Manager or Sr. Manager
This Position has 0 Direct Reports
Environmental Job Requirements:
1. Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
No travel required.
Standard Minimum Qualifications:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The Cybersecurity Sr Engineer will act as a subject matter expert for defining strategies and implementing solutions to understand and mitigate the unique vulnerabilities and security risks of Public Cloud and 3rd Party SaaS Solution Platforms adopted at The Home Depot. Will. Be responsible for the engineering of cybersecurity monitoring systems of third-party cloud service providers (CSPs). They will provide leadership ensuring consistent success of project tasks towards service objectives and deliverables. The Sr Engineer will need a strong background in information technology security audits, risk assessments and findings remediation management. They will also take point designing, building, and maintaining the service infrastructure and internal/external knowledgebases. As a primary technical point of contact for the Security Posture Management services, the Sr Engineer must be adept at building relationships with partner teams, business communication, and possess strong interpersonal skills.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
- Responsible of creating and maintaining documentation for applications, processes, and procedures
- Experience with Security Posture Management tools such as Palo Alto Prisma Cloud, Wiz, Sysdig, and Lacework.
- Experience with information technology security audits, risk assessments and findings remediation management
- Basic understanding of Cybersecurity Governance patterns: Policy -> Standards -> Control Solutions
- Proficiency in executing risk assessments across different technology platforms including Cloud IaaS, PaaS and SaaS
- Experience with Public Cloud Providers(GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Awareness of container orchestration and service mesh technologies like Kubernetes, Envoy, and Consul
- Experience with configuring SaaS systems utilizing compliance best practices
- Proficiency in working as part of a collaborative, cross-functional, modern engineering team
- Basic Network Security principals - basic segmentation, firewall rules, best practices, limiting administrative ports.
- IAM fundamentals - principal of least privilege, authN, authZ, RBAC
- Basic Data Security principals - encryption in flight, encryption at rest, DLP fundamentals
- Operating System fundamentals - preferably in the Linux space, but deep Windows skills are workable
- Internetworking fundamentals - OSI model, troubleshooting at each layer, basic network capture analysis, network and application load balancing (L4, L7), client-server operating model.
- Intermediate to Advanced scripting / automation skills.
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies and test-driven development
- DevOps fundamentals - rapid application development and deployment lifecycle.
- System monitoring fundamentals - performance troubleshooting and analysis at system level using native OS performance metrics counters and system logs. Ability to correlate logs and events to find root cause of systemic or acute impacting issues.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diploma and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience:
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Action Oriented
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Drives Results
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.