The Home Depot is able to offer virtual employment of this position in the following states: AL, AK, AZ, AR, DE, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WA, WV, WI, WY
The Home Depot is implementing a transformative program focused on optimizing the Finance function to support business growth, functional scalability and empower our Finance talent to focus on value-added work that aligns to their strengths.
The FBS Sr. Analyst, Record to Report Business Process is responsible for the day-to-day activities for the intercompany accounting component of the Record to Report (R2R) tower of the FBS team. This role partners with internal teams and external business partners to help resolve discrepancies and solve problems related to intercompany transactions.
The FBS Sr. Analyst, Record to Report Business Process will work on departmental and strategic projects, collaborate with project/product managers, help more junior analysts, and balance your own workload. This role is expected to present continuous improvement insights and recommendations to managers and leaders. In addition, Sr. Analysts will collaborate with cross-functional teams, requiring effective communication skills, and the ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment."
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
Operational Duties (75%)
- Execute required tasks related to the delivery of the RTR tower.
- Work coordinately with other teams providing or receiving information as needed.
- Support work that needs to be done with internal or external customers.
- Interprets data contained in reports and ledgers.
- Provides advice and analysis to increase the efficiency and improve the tasks that are done.
- Supports the work of more junior analysts.
- Resolves issues and problems related to their job function.
- Executes month end / year end processes.
- Monitor and works towards meeting KPIs and SLAs defined for the area.
- Assists FBS manager with building and interpreting analysis for providing insights to the business.
Project Management & Team Support (15%)
- Work with project teams and business partners to complete project goals.
- Helps prioritize assignments and ensure quality and accuracy of work.
- Leverages prior experiences to help develop and recommend solutions.
- Effectively develops trust and collaboration with internal customers and cross-functional teams in other towers.
- Collaborates with appropriate team members to gather input and feedback concerning business needs.
- Understands the technical needs required for successfully tackling business problems.
Skill Building & Professional Development (5%)
- Seek further knowledge on key developments and trends within finance (e.g., analytics, intelligent automation, robotics).
- Participate in the continuous improvement of financial shared services processes and tools .
Nature and Scope
- This position reports to the Manager, Record to Report FBS Process Owner
- Typically requires overnight travel 0-10% of the time
Environmental Job Requirements:
2. Located in a comfortable indoor area. Conditions could produce mild discomfort on occasion.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Standard Minimum Qualifications:
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- 2-4 Years of Relevant Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Previous people or project team management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diploma and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience:
Certifications & Licenses:
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States
- Preferred Qualifications
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience in either intercompany accounting or consolidations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software as well as other accounting software programs.
- Thorough understanding of accounting principles and practices, generally accepted accounting principles, and generally accepted auditing standards.
- Ability to work independently and complete work on schedule within a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and interact professionally with customers
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and research skills
- Experience with data analytics / data visualization
- Experience with Blackline and/or SAP is highly desired
- Ability to prepare and present clear, concise administrative and financial reports.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Action Oriented: Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Cultivates Innovation: Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful
- Nimble Learning: Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder
- Customer Focus: Customer Focus: Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- Instills Trust: Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
- Optimizes Work Processes: Knowing the most efficient and effective processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Builds Networks: Effectively building formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.