This position prepares economic and financial analyses and forecasts for use in the development of financial business decisions.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
25% Oversee the administration of financial policies.
25% Conducts special financial studies and coordinates with other departments in the preparation of statistical studies.
25% Performs internal and external economic research and analyzes issues related to specific financial metrics to ensure competitiveness
10% Recommends changes in financial analysis methods or procedures.
10% Assists and supervises Financial Analysts in the daily preparation and conduct of their work.
5% Compiles or prepares reports, graphs and charts of data developed.
Nature and Scope:
Environmental Job Requirements:
- This position typically reports to a Director or Sr Director
- Typically requires highly developed interpersonal skills for dealing with sensitive or controversial situations.
- Typically faces situations that are unstructured and require original approaches.
- Typically considers new approaches within general policies and short-term goals when solving problems.
- Typically, once given general assignments, determines priorities and defines what should be done and how to do it.
1. Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Under constant pressure to continuously meet tight deadlines, demanding quotas and/or must regularly deal with difficult situations.
Standard Minimum Qualifications:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 3 years
Certifications & Licenses:
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field
- At least 3 years of experience
- Consulting and project management experience preferred
- Strong financial analysis, strategic thinking, and presentation skills
- Technically proficient in Microsoft Office suite with emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong ability to build relationships with business partners
- Ability to influence without authority
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices, analysis, and reporting of financial data.
- Knowledge of business and mgmt. principles involved in strategic planning and resource allocation.
- Project management skills; ability to prioritize and multi-task effectively.
- Judgment and decision-making skills; considering relative costs, benefits of potential actions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.