Store Co-Managers are responsible for working in tandem with the Store Manager (SM) to ensure the successful day to day operation of The Home Depot store. They share responsibility for maximizing store sales and profitability while working ethically and modeling Home Depot's core values. They accomplish this by developing strategies and objectives and leading a team of Associates in executing these strategies and objectives. They must ensure that the store is optimally stocked and merchandised and that all Customers are provided with excellent customer service. A Store Co-Manager must have a comprehensive knowledge of The Home Depot business, be able to use this knowledge to formulate goals and objectives and be capable of motivating his/her/themself and others to work as a team and accomplish these goals and objectives. They must also be capable of working with Associates, Department Supervisors and the Assistant Store Managers (ASMs) to accomplish goals.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
25% Co-Managing the Business. Co-Manage all aspects of store operation and profitability.
20% Excels in Customer Service. Ensure that customers are acknowledged, customer project needs are met, concerns are resolved quickly. Work with Store Manager to forecast scheduling needs to meet customer demand.
20% Supervising Store Associates. Work with team to recruit and hire qualified candidates. Determine starting pay and pay increases over time. Observe, evaluate, coach, train, and develop associates. Communicate Home Depot and store objectives to associates.
15% Merchandising. Ensure all products and displays are merchandised effectively. Walk the store with Store Manager, District Manager, Merchants and others to stay proactive on merchandising issues.
10% Planning. Develop and communicate store standards to associates. Develop, with Store Manager, a store mission, strategy and objectives and ensure that they are met. Study competition. Identify trends.
10% Other Duties. Ensure safety of customers and associates. Verify deposits. Follow standard operating procedures for openings and closings. Sign for petty cash, markdowns, time slips, refunds, price change take in reports, etc.
Nature and Scope:
Position reports to District Manager
Accountable for direct supervision of the work activities of others. In addition to personnel issues including selection, termination, performance appraisal and professional development of subordinates.
Environment: Typically located in a comfortable indoor area. There may be regular exposure to mild physical discomfort from factors such as dust, fumes or odors, temperature extremes, loud noise, strong drafts, or bright lights.
Travel: Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Standard Minimum Qualifications:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Education Required: The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diploma and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 5 years
Physical Requirements: Most all of the time is spent sitting in the same position or standing/walking or there is some requirement to lift or handle material or equipment of moderate weight (8-20 pounds).
Additional Qualifications: Ability to work a flexible, 55 hours per week schedule.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Acts with Integrity: Demonstrates responsible, ethical and honest behavior in all Home Depot roles, tasks and responsibilities; models the Home Depot values.
- Communicates Effectively: Communicates clearly and concisely with all audiences; keeps others informed and takes appropriate partnerships where necessary. Listens carefully and adapts messages to fit audience.
- Champions Development: Seeks knowledge about the strengths and weaknesses of his/her/them self and Associates; takes steps to maximize development of both self and Associates. Provides performance feedback; recognizes accomplishments
- Customer Driven: Creates a customer-focused environment in which excellent service becomes a cultural expectation.
- Promotes Teamwork: Coaches Associates to work well with another; creates an open environment where people say what is on their minds; rewards teamwork.
- Delivers Results: Creates a sense of urgency; delegates appropriately; Motivates self and others to accomplish important objectives despite a complex and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Building Relationships: Establishes trust and credibility with people over time; establishes rapport with people; has smooth working relationships with people inside and outside of the organization.
- Safety Orientation: Enforces safety policies and procedures; is a safety role model; holds Associates to a high safety standard.
- Problem Solving: Reacts quickly and appropriately to problems in the store; follows-up in a timely manner to issues not immediately resolvable; ties all loose ends.
- Plans Strategically: Demonstrates the ability to determine goals, direction and actions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.