The Home Depot is able to offer virtual employment of this position in the following states: AL, AK, AZ, AR, DE, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WA, WV, WI, WY
The Internal Controls BP SOX team is a part of the Finance organization focusing on centralizing compliance programs across the business. Our BP SOX team oversees processes to ensure an effective internal control environment. The team works closely with Internal and External Audit, IT, and Business partners across the organization.
The Senior Analyst, Internal Controls is responsible for partnering with control owners to ensure financial controls are well documented, understood, and implemented effectively across the Company. The Senior Analyst is also responsible for working with business partners to identify control and process improvement opportunities, including control automation opportunities. The role works collaboratively with individuals and teams across the organization to maintain effective controls and support the Company’s strategic objectives and enterprise initiatives.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Supervise and/or lead the Annual/Quarterly SOX Scoping (identify legal entities/business units and accounts that are material for the company)
- Partner with internal audit and external auditors during the annual testing process. Provide guidance on the analysis and classification of testing exceptions, and coordinate remediation plans and execution
- Manage the Quarterly Sub-Certification Process with partnership of the control owners
- Approve mitigation strategies for SAP Segregation of duty conflicts. Supervise the quarterly Role Owner certification process
- Lead the review and approval processes for the IT Change Requests
NATURE AND SCOPE
- This position will report to a Manager.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 3 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field is preferred
- CPA, CIA, MBA or other related certification preferred
- Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving ability
- Ability to partner with business stakeholders across the organization to achieve consensus
- Ability to influence at all levels of the organization through strong verbal and written communication skills
- Comfort negotiating in competitive or adversarial environments
- Strong project management skills, including creating project plans, creating high quality deliverables, and keeping leadership informed on progress
- In-depth knowledge of Corporate Governance and Sarbanes Oxley Act's regulations and requirements, including compliance assessments
- Thorough working knowledge of business process controls, entity level controls, Auditing Standards, generally accepted accounting practices (GAAP), and operational risks
- Ability to understand, assess and prioritize risks across the components of the business and IT environmentGeneral knowledge of IT general controls and IT risks
- Ability to assess complex business processes to identify potential financial, operational, and compliance risks
- In-depth experience and knowledge of key business process and control topics and requirements such as key reports testing, IT dependencies, automated controls, COSO framework, and SOX testing requirements
- Familiarity with risk management methodologies, frameworks, and principles (e.g. COSO)
- Ability to appropriately articulate requirements to technical and business stakeholders
- Ability to lead walkthrough meetings with process and control owners and document test of design for business process controls
- Ability to identify key risks and controls in a process, perform controls optimization, including the configuration of controls around business process and within IT environments
- Ability to identify control issues and partner with the business to remediate control weaknesses
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Comfortable speaking in front of others
- Experience using Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio
- Able to adapt to a changing environment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.