This position focuses on financial analysis and strategic planning for our high-growth Private Brand business (Global Brand and Product Development). The role interacts with Product Development Merchants and other leaders in the group to report, analyze, and plan financials. This position utilizes SQL and other cloud based technologies to help prepare financial analysis and forecasts for use in the development of financial business decisions. The Sr. Financial Analyst (SFA) role is a dynamic role that involves multiple aspects of the business and would be exposed to Merchandising, Supply Chain, Sourcing, Brand Marketing, and P&L management. This individual will help support our Merchandising team as well as various other business partners within the Global Brand and Product Development Group. This individual will also be an integral part of formulating and executing strategic initiatives throughout Global Brand and Product Development.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Conduct special financial studies and coordinate cross functionally throughout the organization to drive value for the group and the company.
- Help drive annual sales and margin planning process.
- Assist in organizational strategic initiatives to drive growth within our Private Brands.
- Support our Merchandising group as well as various other business partners within the Global Brand and Product Development Group.
- Perform internal and external research and analyzes issues related to specific financial metrics to ensure competitiveness.
- Compile or prepare reports and data visualizations.
- Help drive process improvement and implementation within the finance group and within the organization.
- Present regularly to business partners as well as opportunity to present to leadership.
- Oversee the administration of financial policies.
NATURE AND SCOPE
- This position typically reports to a Sr. Manager of Finance.
- Typically requires highly developed interpersonal skills for dealing with sensitive or controversial situations as well as dealing with multiple business partners
- Typically faces situations that are unstructured and require original approaches.
- Typically considers new approaches within general policies and short-term goals when solving problems.
- Typically, once given general assignments, determines priorities and defines what should be done and how to do it.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Environment: Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements: Under constant pressure to continuously meet tight deadlines, demanding quotas and/or must regularly deal with difficult situations.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 3 years
Physical Requirements: Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Well-developed skill set with manipulating and leveraging data to inform business decisions
- Experience using SQL and / or scriptable programming language
- Experience with presenting analysis through data visualization
- Three to five years of experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Oral and written communication skills
- Accounting or Finance experience.
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple works streams and manage multiple relationships
- Exposure to sourcing/supply chain/merchandising would be a plus but not necessary
- Strong PowerPoint presentation and story building skills
- Strong technical background
- Strong analytical experience
- Reporting experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.