MUST RESIDE WITHIN 20 MILES OF NASHVILLE, TN
The Sr Field Rental Technician is an experienced, highly skilled mobile repair technician performing repairs on many types of rental construction equipment. Types of equipment ranging from earthmoving, aerial, landscaping, and material handling equipment. Majority of repairs will be on a jobsite or in a mobile environment. Repairs will range from general repairs and maintenance, up to more complex repairs on hydraulic, electrical and diesel engines.
This position reports directly to the Rental Repair Supervisor (RRS) supporting the overall service efforts at the Rental Operations Facility (ROF), but primarily repairing and servicing current customers with repair needs in the field. The Sr Field Rental Tech will also play a key role to teach and train other associates passing on their in-depth rental repair and equipment knowledge.
This position will be required to be on call with rotating schedule including nights and weekends and will performs other duties listed on this job descriptions as well as other duties assigned by the Rental Repair Supervisor.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
10% Communicate Operating Procedures - Provides expert knowledge to all Rental associates and customer in the proper operation of the equipment and standard operating procedures
70% Diagnose, Maintain and Repair Equipment - Diagnose, maintain and repair all components of the machine, including gas and diesel engines, hydraulics, electrical systems, fuel systems, and brake systems
10% Document Work - Documents all work performed on tablet technology, including completion of work orders to capture parts usage and labor, performing parts inventory counts, etc.; Performs aerial lift inspections according to required checklist
5% Operate Forklift - Safely operates forklift to load, unload, and move equipment and materials in the shop and yard
5% Proper Storage and Disposal of Materials - Follows safety protocol, including proper storage of supplies and fuel, proper disposal of waste oils and fluids, and proper lifting and moving of materials and equipment
Nature and Scope:
This position typically reports to Rental Repair Supervisor
This position has 0 Direct Reports
Environmental Job Requirements:
4. Usually in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors causing moderate physical discomfort from such things as dust, fumes or odors.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Standard Minimum Qualifications:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
- Experience and ability to perform advanced troubleshooting and repairs on electrical systems, hydraulic systems, and diesel engines
- Ability to read and understand detailed schematics (electrical and hydraulic) to determine source of mechanical failure
- Ability to read technical and service manuals
- Competent in the use of tablet and computer technology to document service work
- Ability to consistently and accurately document work performed
- Good communication and organization skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work efficiently
- Ability to work independently
- Experience, ability and desire to provide an excellent customer service
- Ability to safely lift 80 lbs minimum
- Ability to operate in extreme outdoor working conditions
- Requires a valid driver's license with safe driving record in order to drive in a CMV capacity, including passing a road test and obtaining a DOT medical certificate
- Must be at least age 21 to drive in a CMV capacity
- Working knowledge of handheld technology (smartphone, laptop, tablet)
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diploma and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience:
Certifications & Licenses:
Must continuously stand or walk or regularly requires lifting/handling/carrying material or equipment of moderate weight (8-20 pounds).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Resides within 45 miles of target city (ROF Location)
- 5+ years of road tech experience in the equipment rental industry
- Ability to self-direct and work independently
- Maintain a professional appearance and provide a positive company image
- Able to adapt to unforeseen circumstances, including weather, traffic, and business needs
- Effective in organization, prioritization, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Action Oriented
- Being Resilient
- Business Insights
- Decision Quality
- Manages Ambiguity
- Ensures Accountability
- Situational Adaptability
- Values Differences
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.