The Project Leader Merchandising Finance position supports merchandising business partners with financial planning, reporting and analysis.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
- Develops an effective plan for controlling project scope, schedule and cost, and monitors project execution to ensure that the plan is being followed. Creates and effectively coordinates documentation to explain changes or potential changes to the baseline and ensures the approved changes are implemented.
- Develops an effective plan for communicating project information to the project team and to the project stakeholders. Develops written status reports and scorecards and creates/presents project review documents to senior leadership.
- Leads the definition of project risks and the required mitigation approaches. Monitors project activities for the occurrence of risks and takes timely action to escalate or mitigate the risk. Advises project team members and stakeholders of actions required or completed.
- At the completion of a project or project phase, captures key lessons learned and communicates to peer Project Leaders. Effectively applies lessons learned in subsequent projects.
- Shares responsibility with the project leadership for providing a good working environment. Ensures teams are staffed, duties and responsibilities are understood by everyone and that an inclusive environment is maintained.
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Reports to Finance Manager
- No direct reports
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Environment: Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Travel: Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
- Years of Relevant Work Experience: 3-5 years
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint and financial systems
- Prior experience in corporate finance and/or retail
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
- Ability to perform detailed analyses as well as create executive summaries of the analyses
- Ability to present and defend own work and work of others to senior leadership
- Ability to influence the decisions of individuals that you do not supervise
- Ability to work independently
| || |
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.