The Home Depot Kitchen Designers partner with customers to develop a vision and creative solutions to achieve the kitchens of our customers' dreams. Our designers have expert knowledge of our kitchen showrooms, products and design tools; which enables each designer to develop a kitchen design and recommend purchase decisions that meets our customer needs. Kitchen Designers are expected to interact and listen to each customer's project goals, collaborate with in-store leadership and local service providers, and meet departmental and store sales goals. Each associate has the responsibility of providing a safe working and shopping environment by following all safety policies & standards, completing specified safety training, immediately correcting hazards & unsafe conditions or reporting conditions to the Manager On Duty, and working safely as not to endanger themselves, co-workers, vendors, or customers. Designers are supported with both in-store and distanced based learning. Each course is designed to strengthen knowledge in the areas of product assortment, design techniques, selling skills and additional areas to ensure that the needs of our customers are met.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
40% - Knowledgeable Help:
- Create an excellent customer experience through project knowledge, follow-up and project execution
- Ask customers open-ended questions and listen to responses about their projects and product needs
- Execute the design process through 20/20 Design System
- Demonstrate expert product and services knowledge in answering customer questions
- Manage and provide creative solutions for design projects
- Follow all key standards processes for Kitchen Design and Countertop Sales
- Sell items and services that supplement a customer's merchandise or project needs
- Overcome customer objections with facts
- Develop knowledge of competitor pricing, and makes decisions on markdowns to satisfy customers
30% - Efficient Service:
- Engage customers visiting the Kitchen Showroom
- Prospect and engage kitchen and countertop customers
- Maintain client relationships throughout and after project
- Know store sales goals and set personal goals to support store results
- Follow up on job quotes to complete the sale
- Thank customers for shopping at Home Depot
20% - Product Availability:
- Be the customers' expert on special orders and installed sales
- Stay abreast of design and product trends
- Review Monthly Newsletter to ensure awareness around special offers
- Promote Home Depot credit initiatives to customers
- Promote services offered at Tool Rental and the Pro Desk
10% - Easy to Shop:
- Maintain showroom samples and services information pamphlets by working with MET and Supervisor
- Clean and dust displays, products and shelves
- Identify and remove safety hazards from environment
- Provide supplemental support to secondary departments as necessary
Support Positive and Productive Work Environment:
- Follow all safety policies and procedures, and work in a safe manner when completing all tasks
- Follow all work policies, supports guidelines outlined in Code of Conduct, and adhere to work schedule
- Cooperate with Associates, Supervisors, and Managers, and completes work activities as assigned
- Follow all Safety Policies & Standards
- Immediately correct unsafe conditions or notify Manager on Duty
- Ensure that aisles and walking surfaces are safe
- Offer assistance to customers who are shopping in an unsafe manner
- Review displays and overheads for safe display/storage of merchandise
- Adhere to major and minor work rule policies regarding safety detailed in the Code of Conduct.
Nature and Scope:
This position reports to the Department Supervisor.
This position has 0 direct reports.
Environmental Job Requirements:
2. Located in a comfortable indoor area. Conditions could produce mild discomfort on occasion.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Standard Minimum Qualifications:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diploma and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience:
Certifications & Licenses:
Most all of the time is spent sitting in the same position or standing/walking or there is some requirement to lift or handle material or equipment of moderate weight (8-20 pounds).
2+ years Degree in Interior Design, Architecture or a related design field
2+ years Design and Retail, Specialty Retail, Outside Sales or Trade experience
Coursework toward completion of CKD, CBD, ASID, CMKBD or State Certification
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
Physical Job Requirements
- Bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling and moving items
- Requires the ability to move around the store and maneuver merchandise when necessary
- Responding to public address system announcements
- Requires ability to respond to customer service calls, personal pages and general information announcements
Moving and Standing
- Requires moving around the store to assist Customers
- Identifying and reading reports, tickets and UPC labels
- Requires recognizing, identifying and using merchandise and necessary reports
- Color discernment, depth perception and far/near vision
- Requires the ability to distinguish colors, judge and see objects where and as they actually are, see beyond 20 feet and see clearly within 20 inches
- Requires the ability to determine shape and texture through touch
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.