Global Custom Commerce – A Home Depot Company is looking for a Sr. Manager Strategy that will shape the strategic direction of the company and help deliver results through the execution of the company’s key projects. This role will work closely with leadership across the company to drive growth for GCC and the Home Depot. The ideal candidate should feel comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, interfacing with all areas of the business, and presenting solutions to senior leadership. They will split their time between the following activities: strategic business projects, driving business performance, strategic planning process, and competitive/market intelligence.
Why work here? Our entrepreneurial roots and maverick mentality, coupled with the resources and backing of the #1 home improvement retailer in the world, The Home Depot, is a unique opportunity for you to be a transformative retail disrupter. Plus, GCC is the world’s largest online window covering company, and we’ve got a demonstrably awesome 20 plus year track record. From our open-floor office, to our open-door ethos, our culture is rooted in improving, evolving, and having fun (were pretty serious about cake, cook-offs, ping pong, meaningful work and exciting projects). Most importantly, our team members are always inspired, engaged, and ready for growth. That means you’ll have the resources and the runway to create truly magical, out-of-the-box work. This is your chance to be part of something big, in a small start-up environment.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
- Strategic Analysis/Partnerships: Analyzes business strategies and proactively identify potential strategic partnerships/opportunities with outside firms; develops objectives based on thorough understanding of the business and communicates results.
- Competitive Intelligence: Identifies changes in the competitive landscape and communicates these changes to management on a regular basis; develops counter initiatives, manages deliverables and timeline, communicates status and results. Develops quarterly reporting on the Company's marketshare gains/losses. Provides accurate reporting and analysis to determine results and business impact.
- Capital Strategy/Management: Work cross-functionally to develop initial capital estimates for strategic initiatives, proactively monitors capital spend of strategic initiatives, and reports on results. Works with the .com and IT Finance teams to establish routine monthly reporting and communicate these updates with the online leadership team.
Nature and Scope:
- Position reports to Sr. Director, Strategy & Project Management Office
- Associates may report to this role on a permanent basis and requires the leadership of a work group: assign and review work, train and contribute to performance appraisal (including hiring, firing or disciplinary action).
Environmental Job Requirements:
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
Standard Minimum Qualifications:
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 5 years
Frequent periods are spent standing or sitting in the same location with some opportunity to move about; occasionally there may be a need to stoop or lift light objects (typically less than 8 pounds).
- Masters Degree
- Strong presentation skills and ability to communicate effectively with senior leadership
- Merger, Acquisition and Strategic Partnership due diligence and evaluation
- Retail / ecommerce experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to lead and manage cross functionally
- High degree of confidentiality and professionalism
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.