The Customer Intelligence team conducts customer-centric analytics in order to provide actionable insights to THD Senior Leadership to support strategic decisions within Marketing, Operations, and Merchandising. The Customer Insights Senior Analyst will have responsibility for developing in-depth quantitative analyses with the aim of extracting insights related to customer shopping behaviors across all channels. The Senior Analyst will be expected to translate complex sets of customer data into meaningful insights and deliver business recommendations to key stakeholders.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 20% - Interpret statistical and analytical results and make suggestions for business improvements through clear and concise deliverables
- 20% - Conduct analyses to understand changes in customer shopping behavior surrounding key business events (e.g. promotions, weather, category resets, operational changes, etc.)
- 20% - Develop / validate customer segmentations, compute customer value metrics and support ad-hoc requests for data extraction and analysis
- 20% - Work across the organization and leverage cross functional teams to provide customer-focused analytical support using quantitative and qualitative measures
- 20% - Analyze transactional data to identify purchase triggers and indicators in support of predictive / forward looking strategic company initiatives
NATURE AND SCOPE
Position reports to Sr Manager, Consumer Insights
This position has 0 direct reports
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
No travel required
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 3 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
Experience extracting data and generating insights from large transactional data sets (using SQL, R, Python, etc)
Familiarity with data mining & statistical methods (regression, factor analysis, clustering, etc)
Proven ability to analyze, evaluate and interpret complex data using various quantitative analysis techniques
Strong ability to produce board-level presentations and succinctly summarize approach & results
Strong verbal and written communications skills at all levels; ability to communicate complex customer behavior information to both functional partners and Executive Leadership
Excellent skills at using both Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.