MUST LIVE WITHIN 15 MILES OF TARGET CITY
TWO POSITIONS AVAILABLE
- East Seattle, WA / Work Schedule: Monday – Friday; 1st shift
- West Seattle, WA / Work Schedule: Saturday and Sunday, plus three days; 1st shift
As a Maintenance Service Professional (MSP) you will complete a variety of Preventative Maintenance (PM) and repair on industrial equipment, Representative equipment includes, but is not limited to, paint shaker devices, blind cutting machines, mobility carts, ladders, wood saws, tile saws, wire and carpet carousels, compactors, balers and general light construction repairs such as general carpentry, painting, light electrical, plumbing, and any other general duties as assigned.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
80% - Conduct day to day maintenance and repairs independently while adhering to required safety standards.
- Commercial plumbing repair and maintenance
- Light electrical
- General carpentry
- Respond to on-site preventative maintenance service calls within contract time frames, follow dispatch schedule as generated electronically daily
- Use hand and power tools to assemble, disassemble and repair machines
- Demonstrate the ability to PM, troubleshoot and problem solve equipment issues, PM and repair on equipment such as but not limited to:
- Minor plumbing repair and maintenance
- Light electrical repair
- Pneumatic, Hydraulic systems
- General carpentry
- Customer facing light industrial equipment
- changing batteries, saw blades and using grease gun
- Identify lubrication locations and lubricate as required
- Rolling Carts and Conveyors
- Cutting Equipment
- Lift Equipment
- Employ safe work practices to limit risk exposure to customer, the public and self.
- Conduct day to day maintenance, PM and repair, found in big box retailers independently while adhering to required safety standards
- Maintain confidentiality of intellectual property.
20% - Use tablet applications for updating work orders, ordering parts, and maintaining accurate inventory.
- Manage work orders end to end daily using provided technology electronically
- Maintain and manage spare part inventory provided by Home Depot Equipment Service
- Adhere to OSHA regulation and safety policies and procedures. Use sound judgment when dealing with and eliminating safety related issues and personal safety
- Communicate effectively with Manager, customers, supervisor, coworkers, and store associates as needed in person, phone and via email
- Strong attention to detail and a good work ethic preventing re-work and warranty trip
NATURE AND SCOPE
- This position reports to the Regional Services Manager.
- This position has 0 direct reports.
This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. Employee occasionally climb equipment and work at heights up to 30 feet using ladders and or lift equipment. Employee must frequently lift and/or move items up to 80 pounds. Employee is required to talk and hear. Driving for extended periods of time. Working conditions may include working indoors and outdoors in cold, hot and damp areas. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be done by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this role.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 15% of the time, unless identified by location
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent technical or trade school
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
- One (1) plus years of experience in machine repair, troubleshooting and PM
- Ability to perform light industrial equipment repair and have mechanical aptitude.
- Read and understand schematics and parts list.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Medium proficiency required in the use of electronic technology – Tablets / Smart Phone / Laptop.
- Basic electrical experience is a plus.
- Welding experience is a plus.
- Valid driver’s license for the state in which you live and work.
- Current Valid Drivers License
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 1 year
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Action Oriented - Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- Being Resilient - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations
- Communicates Effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
Home Depot Equipment Services (HDES) is comprised of over 300 talented and highly trained professional technicians to deliver comprehensive management of commercial equipment including installation, repair, preventative maintenance, and parts management. We are dedicated to investing in advanced technology and the continued training of Support and Field Service Professional teams with the singular goal of optimizing the efficiency, safety and productive life span of our customers’ mechanical assets. We are an industry leader with a nationwide footprint in 15 regions across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.