The Manager Category Marketing oversees all aspects of media planning to support Agile Marketing and is a key influencer on pod strategy both inside and outside of the Agile framework. Responsible for working within the Agile marketing team to understand specific business and communication goals and oversee the creation and execution of media plans within the context of the overall marketing mix. Analyzes industry trends, media results and business environment to improve strategies and plan recommendations. Manages media budget and is responsible for reporting media results and insights. Supervises media agency planning and buying for areas of responsibility.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 10% Budget Deployment - Manage budget deployment tracking across departments & provide final department approval on strategic plans for cross-functional marketing activities
- 30% Communication - Serve as primary communications liaison and cross-functional project manager for the Retail Media+ Partner Management and Audience Marketing teams, including regular attendance at key marketing function meetings, review of marketing campaign briefs, and compiling of cross-functional progress updates
- 25% Marketing Playbook - Develop annual strategic marketing playbook & regularly cadenced marketing strategy updates for assigned merchandising departments based on competitive analysis, consumer input, financial data, creative tactics, input from merchandising leadership, and input from Retail Media+ Partner Management and Audience Marketing teams
- 35% Marketing Strategies - Work with merchandising leadership across 1 or more departments to develop long & short-term marketing strategies, as well as triage execution of emerging priority opportunities across Retail Media + Partner Management and Audience Marketing teams
NATURE AND SCOPE
This position typically reports to Senior Manager, Category Marketing
This position has 0 Direct Reports
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
No travel required.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 4 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, or a business-related field
- 4+ years relevant experience (i.e. marketing experience at a retail company, advertising agency, or consulting firm)
- Experience in retail brand or consumer product marketing
- Experience managing projects and working with cross-functional stakeholders
- Experience with SharePoint, PowerPoint, and Excel
- A collaborative approach and the ability to triage needs across multiple stakeholders
- Ability to interpret financial information and make data-driven decisions to support strategic priorities
- Highly organized and able to define & sequence strategic priorities
- Knowledge of consumer & product market research, market segmentation, and competitive intelligence/analysis
- A data-driven mindset and ability to leverage analysis to make business recommendations
- Familiarity with integrated marketing plans and creative asset briefs
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Decision Quality
- Drives Engagement
- Ensures Accountability
- Plans and Aligns
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Develops Talent
- Drives Results
- Manages Conflict
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.