The Product Engineering Senior Director will be responsible for leading a global organization that drives the engineering of our Private Brands products through a worldwide manufacturing base, global Service Providers and additional partners. This will include setting requirements, specifications, and testing protocols for new products, re-engineering programs, and New Product Introductions. In addition to leading and managing a large team, this person will also develop and lead the validation of product assessments, tests, and inspections in coordination with suppliers, foreign sourcing offices, and service providers. Ensure optimal development and execution of strategies for The Home Depot and related companies to validated that suppliers and products manufactured meet or exceed product specifications and relevant national, state, and local laws. Set and execute a long term vision to continuous improvement plans that will allow The Home Depot increase Private Brand equity. Additionally, to his local and international teams’ responsibilities, this leader manages and develops our global laboratories.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
- 40% Develop and execute strategies to elevate our product requirements, reporting, metrics, and audit controls to support the agile introduction of products to support business growth targets and yield expected engineering results. Sets expectations and clear achievable targets for his organization
- 30% Develops leaders and associates in his organization to support professional growth and business goals. Coaching, recognition & accountability will be key and in alignment with our culture. Develop and manage functional responsibilities of service providers, cross-functional teams and foreign partner.
- 15% Identify and implement best practices to maintain Private Brands product engineering as a best in class organization
- 15% Review and resolve issues with suppliers, factories, service providers, merchandising, store operations, distribution, safety, customers, and other related supply chain components.
Nature and Scope:
Typically reports to VP Product and Engineering. Number of Direct Reports between 4 to 5 with a large global team
Environmental Job Requirements:
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
Standard Minimum Qualifications:
Must be eighteen years of age or older. Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Work Experience Required: 10 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about.
On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Manufacturing / Operations / Quality Assurance / Quality Control
- Bachelors degree in engineering, management, operations, or business
- International operations experience, supported by foreign language skills (oral and written)
- Personnel management experience in a manufacturing or engineering environment
- Continuous improvement program development and execution (e.g., Six Sigma or Lean Manufacturing)
- Computer skills sufficient to retrieve, manipulate, analyze, and interpret data
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Executive communication skills - Strong written and verbal communication skills required with the ability to persuade or influence others; ability to present and interpret information to promote action and decision-making.
- Capable of simplifying and presenting complex information with ease, utilizing the correct communication vehicle.
- Prepares and delivers clear well organized presentations, has a polished delivery style, and creates high impact analysis and associated visual aids.
- Experience with strategic planning and managing analytical problem solving efforts, including logical, structured thinking, quickly able to consider new approaches that fit within general policies and short-term goals.
- Cross functional, multi project management
- Statistical and Analytical- Solid organizational skills, strong analytical ability and ability to develop and interpret operating metrics and financial data.
- Experience in applying statistics to business process.
- Relationships and Influence - Develops and nurtures high quality relationships; establishes formal and informal networks to accomplish goals.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.