In this position, the Project Leader of Finance will be expected to provide total financial leadership, direction and analysis to the functional management teams supporting our Merchants. Areas of focus will include: PLRs, cost justification analysis, rebate and other strategic projects to support the business. This position will play a key role in driving functional financial metrics, managing expenses, and will work closely with leadership in order to achieve business goals and create shareholder value.MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Strategic Analysis/Problem Solving - Works to fully understand business; identify and implement process and organizational improvements.
- Plans and ensures execution of department objectives. Participates in preparation of the annual budget, reviews monthly expenditures and ensures that budgetary goals are met.
- Reviews monthly metrics to ensure goals are met.
- Conduct financial planning for function and make appropriate recommendations.
- Leads, plans, and coordinates work teams in an efficient manner to effectively perform any financial function and activity; utilizes metrics to track performance and manage workload. Ensures operational processes and procedures are compliant and consist with established policies.
- Drive key functional financial metrics.
- Project Management- Develops and supports a strategic alliance with business partners.
- Participates in cross-functional activities focused on solving business issues and enhancing our competitive advantage
NATURE AND SCOPE
Reports to Sr Manager level
This role has no direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 3 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Prior budgeting, forecasting, and reporting experience
- Prior P&L management and/or strategic finance experience
- Prior experience with extensive financial analysis and modeling
- Excellent executive level communicator
- Experience consulting or interfacing with multiple clients
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Retail Accounting
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices, analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Knowledge of core finance principles and metrics and their application (e.g., budgeting, forecasting, reporting, financial analysis)
- Communication skills consistent with those required to effectively convey information and influence outcomes at a senior level of the organization
- Relationship building skills; ability to relate to others, understand their point of view, navigate through conflict, and influence in situations that lead to a successful outcome
- Ability to operate autonomously in ambiguous situations and quickly synthesize information
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning
- Project management skills; ability to prioritize and mult-task effectively.
- Critical thinking, judgement and decision-making skills; considering relative costs, benefits of potential actions and using logic to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.