A Logistics Sr. Analyst uses analytical methods and a variety of tools to understand, predict, improve and/or control Logistics operations and processes. Sr. Logistics Analysts are responsible for data management, analyzing performance, identifying problems, and developing recommendations that support Logistics management. Solves problems by considering courses of action within the framework of management s goals and standards. Operates with minimal supervision and once given general assignments, prioritizes and executes tasks. Provides and communicates recommendations to upper management. Mentors and guides Logistics Analysts in daily work tasks. Must be a self starter, detail oriented, able to support and lead multiple projects, possess excellent communication skills, work well with a team, interact with multiple levels and functions with the Logistics organization, and able to manage vendor/business relationships.
The Senior Logistics Analyst – Supply Chain Development position is part of a team dedicated to driving projects and initiatives that develop new capabilities within The Home Depot’s supply chain. Serving as a liaison between field operations, corporate partners, and IT, the logistics analyst works with cross functional project teams to gather business requirements, support system functionality and operational reports design, develop standard operating procedures, support creation of training materials, provide on-site support for pilot initiatives, and project manage.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- 25% Utilizes quantitative skills to create and analyze reports to support business execution.
- Supports the business through ad-hoc queries, and maintains reports from a variety of resources as specific to department or organizational needs"
- 25% Develops business tools and solutions based on knowledge, product or technology
- Identifies Logistics process improvement opportunities through strategic thinking, critical thinking and analysis
- 20% Provides recommendations to senior management
- Mentors and guides Logistics Analysts
- 20% Performs data management through a combination of data mining, data modeling, data analysis, cost/benefit analysis, process mapping, and/or problem analysis; while executing day to day processes related to area of responsibility. Develops and maintains cost estimates, forecasts, and cost models.
Supports the business through ad-hoc queries, and maintains reports from a variety of resources as specific to department or organizational needs."
- 10% Manages vendor/business partner relationships
Nature and Scope
- Responsible for helping others and providing on-the-job training or guidance
Environmental Job Requirements
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass the Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience - 3
Physical Job Requirements
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- A thorough understanding of Designing Algorithms
- Proficient in coding with variety of languages
- Lead/participate in cross-functional meetings with Business partners to understand and gather requirements
- Responsible for documentation of business requirements for system/reporting enhancements
- Ability to identify issues or risks with a process or design and understand what is in and out of scope for the enhancement or project
- Participate in requirements and design reviews with the IT team; Sign-off on design
- Document the business use cases for enhancements and work closely with QA team during the testing phase
- Conduct/Lead user acceptance testing
- Engage the process team to ensure SOPs are accurately updated
- Develop Release communication and training for end users/implementation team members
- Lead training sessions with end users
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies
- Business Analysis: Clarifies and resolves complex business issues by breaking them down into meaningful components to determine root cause and redesigning internal and external business processes.
- Business Communication: Writes, speaks, and presents clearly and succinctly across a variety of communication settings and adjusts communication style to the audience by translating and articulating technical concepts to non-technical groups.
- Creative Thinking: Demonstrates originality and imagination in thinking while developing a solution to a problem.
- Financial Acumen: Utilizes fundamental concepts of finance to manage budgets, forecast costs, and provide information to account for the financial impact of decision-making.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.