As a Lead Business Intelligence Analyst at BlackLocus, you will have a direct impact on the business by helping our team develop, deploy and maintain software products, data structures and reporting by applying business expertise and advanced analytics techniques. You understand that the best analysts support and empower their teammates, help remove roadblocks, and allow teammates to have ownership over their projects. You are equally happy talking about coding and data structures as you are helping non-technical stakeholders with their business needs.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
50%: Business Intelligence Solutions Development
Lead data analysis, discovery and analytical solutions implementations across BlackLocus problem spaces.
● Utilize technical and analytical expertise to create repeatable business insights and design/develop business intelligence solutions for large datasets
● Make appropriate selection, utilization and interpretation of analytical methodologies and data visualizations
● Execute tasks with high levels of efficiency and ensure quality and accuracy of data and insights
● Effectively communicate insights and recommendations to both technical and non-technical leaders and business customers/partners
● Clearly communicate impacts of recommendations to drive alignment and appropriate implementation
● Prepare reports, updates and/or presentations related to progress made on a project or solution
20% Project Management & Team Support
Define project scope, objectives, and deliverables and develop project analyses that identify key issues, approaches and performance metrics. Foster collaboration among and provide guidance/support to Blackocus BI, DS, Product, and Support teams through coaching, training and internal tool development.
● Lead and manage large and complex projects and teams
● Provide direction on prioritization of work and ensure quality of work
● Provide mentoring and coaching to others to support their technical competencies
● Collaborate with managers and team in the distribution of workload and resources
● Support recruiting and hiring efforts for the team
● Serve as a technical subject matter expert (SME) for one or more BlackLocus problem spaces
20%: Stakeholder & Business Collaboration
Work closely with internal/external stakeholders to implement solutions that meet their needs, while making sure the priorities for the BI team are properly aligned to business goals.
● Leverage extensive business knowledge into solution approach
● Effectively develop trust and collaboration with internal customers and cross-functional teams
● Actively seek out new business opportunities to leverage data analytics as a competitive advantage
● Partner with IT to understand potential for new tools and ways to maintain technical agility
10%: Technical Exploration & Development
Participate in the continuous improvement of BlackLocus analytical solutions by developing replicable solutions to be leveraged for future projects (codified data/visualization products, project documentation, process flowcharts, etc.)
● Define best practices and develop clear vision for data analysis and process productionalization
● Seek further knowledge on key developments within analytics communities by attending conferences and communicating findings
● Own reusable data and analytics solutions for ongoing use, ensuring process is clearly documented
Nature and Scope
This position reports to BlackLocus Business Intelligence Manager or above. This position has no direct reports and leads/manages projects. Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Environmental Job Requirements
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Physical Job Requirements
Most all of the time is spent sitting in the same position or standing/walking or there is some requirement to lift or handle material or equipment of moderate weight (8-20 pounds).