The Principal, Cyber Security Engineering, guides the development, maintenance, and support of The Home Depot's security organization within one of the following areas:
The Principal utilizes business knowledge and solid technical experience of security to provide a secure information environment for the business. The Systems Engineer works in one of the following areas : Architecture, Network and Perimeter Security , Endpoint Security, Data Security and Analytics, Identity & Access Management , Governance , Risk & Compliance , Internal Threat Operations , Security Operations and Resilience, Application Security and Vulnerability Management.
They have an in-depth understanding of the technology landscape and act as the face of the Systems Engineering group to other areas of the organization. In addition, they provide technical guidance to more junior Systems Engineers.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
40% - Strategy & Planning:
- Researches and analyzes business trends and behavioral data to identify opportunities for improvements and new initiatives Leads the evaluation, development, and recommendation of specific technology products and platforms to provide cost-effective solutions that meet business and technology requirements
- Researches and designs best fit infrastructure, network, database, and security architectures for products Guides the proactive creation and maintenance of tools for monitoring and support
- Leads project budgeting, planning, and management across multiple efforts and teams Develops and delivers formal training courses Visits with operational units (e.g., warehouses, stores, data centers) to understand needs and build relationships
20% - Delivery & Execution:
- Guides configuration, debugging, and support for infrastructure Documents, reviews and ensures that all quality and change control standards are met Guides field and corporate roll-outs of technology Guides the stand up of necessary system software, hardware, and equipment (physical or virtual) to meet changing infrastructure needs
- Creates and optimizes specifications for complex technology solutions Produces and manages purchase requests for hardware and software Creates technical white papers and thought leadership
- Creates and enforces process standards Leads disaster recovery planning and engineering efforts Collaborates with other leaders to drive build versus buy decisions with regard to technology
30% - Support & Enablement:
- Collaborates with product and project teams to understand needs and enable them with infrastructure Guides technology architecture design review efforts for project and product teams
- Leverages tooling and custom applications to monitor the operational status of applications, infrastructure, networks, databases and security; optimizes and tunes performance as appropriate
- Guides root cause analysis, debugging, support, and post-mortem analysis for security incidents and service interruptions
- Guides maintenance, upgrades, and support for existing systems and infrastructure to ensure operational stability Acts as a vendor relationship manager
- Guides the production of in-house documentation around solutions Monitors tools and proactively helps teams struggling with systems issues Provides application support for software running in production
- Guides the creation of scripts and tools that drive automation and enable product teams and end users to move towards self-service Acts as a mentor to more junior Systems Engineers
10% - Learning:
- Keeps abreast of innovations and industry trends as well as changes to internal systems and determines how they impacts tools, training, and support necessary to keep systems up, running, and secure Participates in and contributes to learning activities around modern systems engineering core practices (communities of practice)
- Leads learning efforts inside the organization focused on systems engineering Proactively views articles, tutorials, and videos to learn about new technologies and best practices being used within other technology organizations
NATURE AND SCOPE
Typically reports to the Systems Engineer Manager or Sr. Manager, Technology Director or Sr. Director.
Travel: Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
7 + years of relevant work experience in the following domains-
- Endpoint Security - Mobility, Containers(Docker, Kubernetes, Linux) and Firewalls with Crowd Strike
- Threat Detection and SIEM - Architecture. NOT Admin
- N/W and Perimeter Security - VMWare NSX and vRNI and DDoS or WAF
- DLP and Data Activity Monitoring and/or Cryptology
- IAM with Active Directory or IAM with Authentication (Ping or CA) or PAM (cyberArk)
- Data Security - Architect - DLP - Data discovery, Data Classification and Labeling
- RSA Archer Engineer
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Action Oriented: Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- Business Insight: Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization s goals
- Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Cultivates Innovation: Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Global Perspective: Taking a broad view when approaching issues; using a global lens
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Manages Ambiguity: Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear
- Manages Complexity: Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
- Nimble Learning: Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Optimizes Work Processes: Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Self-Development: Actively seeing new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels
- Situational Adaptability: Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.