This Senior Manager of Credit Marketing oversees the development of all marketing plans related to private label credit. Responsible for orchestrating the resources and processes needed to create strategically aligned direct marketing strategies, in-store credit promotions, and initiatives all aimed to drive new account generation and sales with existing cardholders. Champions the development of customer lifecycle/segmentation strategies using data insights that strengthens customer relationships over time through highly targeted and optimized offers and messages. Position seeks to drive operational efficiencies that support integrated retail environment ensuring the credit customer experience is protected in all channels and situations. Works on the creation and implementation of new features/services that enhance financial services product portfolio and drives loyalty. Critical to this role is the ability to communicate and work cross functionally with other areas within Home Depot and banking partners to ensure credit is integrated across broader company initiatives (IT, Strategic Business development, Home Services, PRO, Marketing, etc).
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Identify and evaluate new financial programs, promotions, products and services that support the needs of current or future customers, or that support new strategic initiatives or acquisitions. Manage or oversee their design, development and implementation based on projected profitability.
- May include managing a staff to deliver multiple or large-scale strategic projects. Staff could include direct reports or associates of financial partner. Take an active role in the professional development of direct reports.
- May include P&L responsibility for particular programs or products. May require specialized knowledge of particular aspects of financial services such as consumer/commercial risk and underwriting or bankcard association programs. Work with Finance to set departmental and program budgets. Manage expenditures within approved department and program budgets.
- Oversee the development and execution of detailed project design/ implementation plans. Utilize project management and people management skills to ensure timely completion of projects at the highest quality levels.
- Assess financial and operational/quality results of new programs against predetermined goals. Determine whether programs should be rolled out, make recommendations to Sr Management and, if applicable, develop implementation strategies and budgets.
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Typically reports to Director Payments
- Accountable for direct supervision of the work activities of others. In addition to personnel issues -- including selection, termination, performance appraisal and professional development of subordinates.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 7 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Preferred MBA or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Information Systems, Economics or equivalent.
- Experience managing teams and developing direct reports
- Experience with retail systems and modern payment technologies like credit and debit card processing, wallets, gift cards, all forms of payment authorizations, and PCI security standards
- Experience with card processors and issuers, check auth vendors, PayPal, Apple Pay
- Proficient in communicating, building influence, and developing relationships with functional and technical leaders, with vendor partners, and across all levels in the organization
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- A thorough working knowledge of the principles/disciplines of credit marketing, including Account Acquisition & Activation, Loyalty Marketing, Sales Promotion, etc.
- A thorough understanding and knowledge of the principles/disciplines of the retail industry.
- A strong grasp of Project Management skills and requirements. A proven record of developing new financial products and/or services
- Able to manage/coordinate multiple, simultaneous projects. Understands Time Management skills and uses those skills to deal with unplanned projects and interruptions. Both demonstrates and teaches those skills to direct reports.
- Able to think strategically about business problems and opportunities and to focus efforts on projects that most closely support key company initiatives.
- Very strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to leverage data and analysis to craft a well-thought story utilizing Power Point.
- Demonstrated decisiveness and sound decision making skills and demonstrated strong results in managed projects
- Demonstrated strong results in managed projects
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.