The User Experience Designer (UX Designer) is responsible for delivering the experience and creative execution for their respective projects and products. They will need to build strong relationships with product management peers, development and other critical partners to establish and deliver on the business and customer requirements that enhances our digital experiences and products, meets the business goals and strengthens our Home Depot differentiation strategies.
Reporting to the Manager, User Experience, the UX Designer will be responsible for their large scale, cross-functional projects, product roadmaps, relevant research, user experience strategy and final creative including page layouts and asset production.
This associate will work with the team to successfully translate business objectives into innovative and best-in-class, customer-centric solutions.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 30% - Responsible for developing and communicating industry-leading creative concepts while balancing strategic development with online business objectives.
- 10% - Provide quality assurance of all creative deliverables.
- 60% - Translate wireframes into comps, storyboards, experience prototypes.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Position reports to the Manager, User Experience
This position has 0 direct reports
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
Mastery of all the latest design tools, platforms, and versions of applicable software programs: Mac OS, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and other design tools).
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 1 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Demonstrated user experience design skills with expert knowledge of current design programs
- Working knowledge of experience design tools irise, viso, axure, omnigraffel
- Understand W3C standards as well as browser-specific bugs and variations, in IE, Mozilla and Safari
- Understanding of browser display differences on different platforms
- Demonstrated experience in designing creative and web pages for e-commerce websites
- Ability to concept, present and execute. Act as an exemplary representative of the online experience team in its dealings with internal clients and external vendors with the ability to interact comfortably with executives at highest levels of the Company.
- Provide strong client management skills with flawless follow-up.
- Provide creative solutions consistent with industry trends, demonstrating ability to problem-solve.
- Ability to translate complex information into easy-to-understand designs and visual elements.
- Proven ability working in fast paced environment with shifting priorities while managing tactical deliverables and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to maintain strong rapport with teammates, and stakeholders from multiple business groups.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Action Oriented
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Drives Results
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.