The Field Sales Representative achieves maximum sales growth and profitability through prospect conversion, penetration, and retention within an assigned territory. The representative is responsible for developing assigned territory-based sales plans that maintain and build customer relationships by establishing The Home Depot as the preferred rental equipment vendor.
- Execute all steps of the sales process for all accounts, including building and delivering prospects, sales planning, cold calling, development of sales strategy, executing negotiation of contracts/pricing and closing.
- Partner with The Home Depot field and corporate colleagues on high-opportunity conversion and market penetration opportunities with four key Pro verticals (Pro Remodelers, Multifamily, Specialty Trade, and Institutional).
- Leverage internal resources such as the delivery Contact Center, credit and field leadership to maximize time spent in front of customers.
- Conduct administrative activity to ensure up-to-date account data. Report accurate pipeline and sales related activity to management on a frequent basis and follow all CRM requirements. Prepare sales reports, expenses and contact reports.
- Extensive travel within market required.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Demonstrated skills and abilities in account selling, cold calling and territory account management.
- Minimum five (5) years outside sales experience, rental equipment / aerial equipment experience required.
- Strong book of business.
- Must be exceptionally self-disciplined, independent and possesses strong work ethic, teamwork and organizational skills.
- Effective in both new account closing and ongoing relationship management.
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize sales time in relation to account opportunity.
- Experience teaming with other functional resources to address new opportunities.
- Knowledge of construction equipment commonly used in the rental industry (earthmoving, aerial, compaction, lawn & garden, etc.).
- Proficient computer skills include Microsoft Office Suite, Dynamics CRM, SalesForce, Excel, smartphone and tablets.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication.
- College degree in Business or Marketing
- Knowledge of and selling or renting to construction or related equipment industry
WORKING CONDITIONS / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Employee is required to talk and hear. Driving for extended periods of time. Working conditions may include working indoors and outdoors in cold, hot and damp areas. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be done by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this role.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
With convenience at our core, The Home Depot Rental allows you to save time and get the job done faster. In addition to a wide assortment of pro-grade tools, equipment, trucks, and trailers, we offer knowledgeable, resourceful, and dependable associates who are ready to provide solutions that will help finish the job or project at hand.
The Home Depot Rental operates in over 1100 locations of The Home Depot across the US and Canada, offering large towable equipment, tools, trucks and trailers. Our general tool fleet includes over 250 unique items, all geared to both Pros and DIYers. Our large equipment fleet includes earthmoving, aerial, material handling, and landscape equipment available in store and for delivery to your jobsite. We also offer a large team of dedicated and highly trained sales associates, technicians and delivery drivers throughout the US and Canada.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.