The Manager, Brand Advocate will coach and mentor a team of direct reports responsible for partnering with strategic suppliers to drive a best-in-class online customer retail experience. The team will be responsible for enhancing online presence at an item level and building strong business relationships with suppliers to improve conversion, drive online traffic, and grow sales. The team will also be responsible for understanding customer behavior, building strategic plans and leading presentations with supplier and merchandising partners to gain alignment on planned initiatives. In support of The Home Depot's omnichannel retail strategy, this role will frequently partner with cross-functional groups (i.e., Merchandising, IT/Web Operations, Digital Marketing, Product Management, User Experience) to identify process improvement opportunities that will optimize effectiveness leading to brand renewal and growth.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 20% - Partner with vendors and cross-functional teams (i.e., Merchandising,IT/Web Operations, Digital Marketing, Product Management, User Experience) to build, implement, and evaluate processes to create program efficiencies. Ensure strong supplier and merchandising relationships are cultivated and maintained.
- 15% - Assign project duties to team members and continuously assess project progress from start to finish through weekly meetings to ensure program deliverables are met. Responsible for budgeting and resource management to ensure program execution is on time and within budget.
- 20% - Translate business goals into program strategic initiatives. Assess customer behavior for consideration in upcoming projects via data analysis (e.g., clickthrough, surveys, heat maps). Identify program growth opportunities, build brand awareness and pitch new business for the program. Uncover process improvement opportunities.
- 45% - Develop and manage a team who will build plans to improve the online customer experience and identify opportunities to drive online growth for key suppliers. Ensure team is trained and executing on content optimization, providing supplier support, and project planning
NATURE AND SCOPE
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
No travel required
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 5 years
- - Experience in Vendor Management Systems, Digital Marketing, Ecommerce, and Merchandising
- - High proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- - Experience with SQL and Adobe products (i.e., Adobe Analytics & Workspace) highly preferred
- - Technical aptitude and agility to learn database systems and web-based platforms (i.e., JMP/SAS, BrightEdge, Google AdWords)
- - Proven record of having worked with major consumer brands and knowing how to support/differentiate them in the digital space
- - Understanding of basic corporate financial practices
- - Well-developed and professional presentation and communication skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.