The Services Sr Ops Data Analyst is expected to partner with technical and operational leaders and stakeholders throughout the organization to conceptualize business issues and translate into appropriate analytic format.
This individual should be an expert in SQL, possess strong data mining skills and familiar with Visual Basic or Python. Experience with the BI visualization tools like tableau is a plus.
The role will compile and analyze large data sets to isolate trend and business opportunities, assist in conducting advanced modeling and build solutions and recommendations to drive performance improvement. Experience with marketing technology, complex data structures, and the dynamics of a leads-based business will be deployed to take a holistic approach to delivering solutions.
This role will also be responsible for developing and delivering effective, interactive reports and presentations for consumption by a broad audience, including associates in marketing, product, operations, and senior business leadership.
This role will work with the team to incorporate the latest technologies and tools to keep our skills current and our deliverables cutting-edge.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
25%- Interpret data based on specific knowledge of statistics and procedures used/ Provide Data to all directors to support decision making. Provide input on forecast based on knowledge of product and technology.
20%- Review sales/financial analyses (what sold/did not sell; determine which categories have potential to move upward; cost/benefit analysis; data process modeling/analysis of problems, regression analysis).
15%- Identify trends in consumer lifestyle and technology; conduct customer focus groups and analyze/synthesize findings. Scan business/industry trends; scan competitive landscape; analyze consumer data.
20%- Provide input on strategy based on knowledge of industry and technology trends. Provide customers with specialized information from a variety of resources. Facilitate workout problem-solving sessions with multiple groups of people.
20%- Synthesize findings and derive conclusions from analyses and make oral/written recommendations to upper management. Execute tasks related to core operations projects and/or process improvements. Execute day to day processes related to their areas of responsibility. Communicate issues and roadblocks related to respective area.
Nature and Scope
This position reports to a Services Manager.
This position has no direct reports.
Environmental Job Requirements
Located in a comfortable indoor area.
Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Education Required - The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience - 4 years
- Master's Degree or Bachelors Degree +4 years experience in Data Analytics
- Work experience in: Visual Basic, R/Python
- Expert in: SQL, Excel
- Previous experience in Google Big Query or Tableau is strongly preferred
- Familiarity with customer and transaction level data
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies
- Critical thinking skills to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions; ability to understand and foresee implications of new information for current and future problem solving.
- An unquenchable intellectual curiosity for getting at the underlying store being told within the data.
- Creative approach to problem solving, innovation, and issue resolution.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to persuade, inform, and influence others based on findings. A track record of taking complex results and communicating them in an easily understood way. - Superior interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate actively and work in a team environment. Ability quickly learn and adapt to new technologies, tools, and techniques.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.