The position of MAINTENANCE SERVICE PROFESSIONAL provides commercial and industrial minor equipment repair and preventive maintenance services. Representative equipment includes, DC Conveyor systems, roll up dock doors, floor care equipment, paint shaker devices, blind cutting machines, mobility carts, ladders, pipe threader and power stock loaders.
- Demonstrate the ability to complete light industrial equipment repairs and preventive maintenance on equipment found in big box retailers – The Home Depot / Best Buy.
- Respond to on-site preventative maintenance service calls.
- Use hand and power tools to assemble, disassemble and repair machines.
- Maintain spare part inventory.
- Demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot and problem solve minor equipment issues.
- Adhere to OSHA regulation and safety policies and procedures.
- Communicate effectively with customers, supervisor and coworkers.
- Use sound judgment when dealing with and eliminating safety related issues.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage time and work independently.
- Demonstrate the ability to electronically submit asset tagging, service calls and daily reports.
- Strong attention to detail and a good work ethic preventing re-work and warranty trips.
- Employ safe work practices to limit risk exposure to customer, the public and self.
- Perform general preventive maintenance tasks (inspections / greasing / operation checks / etc.) and replacement of minor parts such as saw / cutting blades / bumpers / wheels / ladder / safety locks / etc.
- Maintain confidentiality of intellectual property.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform or learn light duty MIG welding
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILTITES REQUIRED:
- Excellent Written & Verbal Communications
- Customer Service
- Problem Solving / Analysis
- Stress Management / Composur
- Technical Capacity
- Teamwork Orientation
- Thoroughness / Discretion
- Two (2) plus years of experience in machine repair and troubleshooting.
- Ability to perform light industrial equipment repair and have mechanical aptitude.
- Read and understand schematics and parts list.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Medium proficiency required in the use of electronic technology – Tablets / Smart Phone / Laptop.
- Basic electrical experience is a plus.
- Welding experience is a plus.
- Valid driver’s license for the state in which you live and work. Good driving record.
- Ability to travel 10% (Day travel) within the designated area.
WORKING CONDITIONS / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day. Employee occasionally climb equipment and work at heights up to 20 feet. Employee must frequently lift and/or move items up to 80 pounds. Employee is required to talk and hear. Driving for extended periods of time. Working conditions may include working indoors and outdoors in cold, hot and damp areas. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be done by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this role.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
POSITION TYPE / HOUR OF WORK:
The above description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. This is intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
Assigned work hours will be determined by manager. This position is full-time and has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.