The Inventory Planning and Replenishment Analyst (IPR) works within Supply Chain, and is responsible for partnering with merchants to develop and implement inventory strategies that maximize sales and inventory productivity for a merchandising category. To maximize sales and inventory productivity, it is critical that the Analyst maintain the appropriate in-stock positions and manage inventory in the most effective manner across both stores and SKUs. Analyst will work closely with merchants, vendors, stores, transportation, distribution, and sourcing to accomplish team goals. The IPR Analyst is responsible for creating accurate SKU forecasts, developing the inventory and replenishment strategy, managing parameters for each category to execute the replenishment strategy, achieving target in-stock levels and planned inventory turns, and developing recommendations to improve inventory productivity. The IPR Analyst also works with our stores and field leadership to execute their category strategies.
A typical Analyst:
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Manages 36 vendors
- Manages $135m of inventory.
- Supports $658m of annual sales.
- 464K skus
NATURE AND SCOPE:
- 35%- In stock and replenishment: Review daily orders, upload OUTLs and manage CAR parms, determine in-stock drivers and take action
- 25%- Primary point of contact for Merchant and MP
- 15%- Respond to/partner on field concerns with oversight
- 15%- Manages transitions/resets with oversight
- 5%- Identify process challenges and review with leadership
- 5%- Vendor communication
Reports to a Manager.
This position has no direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Environment: Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Travel: Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Candidate must have demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to quickly retrieve, manipulate, analyze, and interpret data.
- Strong quantitative skills through knowledge of statistics and quantitative data analysis and interpretation.
- Ability to translate analysis to audience and communicate recommendations.
- BA/BS degree preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.