This position will work with the business to understand and document key financial controls in accordance with Section 404 of the Sarbanes Oxley Act, identify changes to those controls, identify control weaknesses, recommend solutions and coordinate with Internal and External Audit to test controls. This position will lead the following key activities:
- Coordinate and/or update SOX Documentation and Controls, including Risk Matrices
- Manage the Statement on Standards for Attestation Engagement (SSAE #16) - Reporting on Controls at a Service Organization.
- Perform the Annual/Quarterly SOX Scoping (identify legal entities/business units and accounts that are material for the company)
- Manage the Account Reconciliation Compliance (ARC) Policy, including training
- Manage the Quarterly Sub-Certification Process
- Approve mitigation strategies for SAP Segregation of Duties conflicts
- Partner with SAP Security Team, SAP Business Liaison group, and control owners
- Support on the quarterly Role Owner certification process
- Review and approve of IT Projects and Financial Systems Defects/Enhancements to ensure control environment is not negatively impacted
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Coordination with Financial Reporting and Other Departments to ensure that all pertinent financial information is accurately and timely reflected in the Company's General Ledger.
- Develop and maintain reports and allocations to meet customer needs and service.
- Supervision and training of staff including monitoring performance, review of work, delegate of responsibilities, and overall professional development.
- Managing, planning and implementing projects to support company initiatives and system enhancements.
- Plays an active role in system developments of SAP or other systems that interface with the General Ledger.
- Develop system-based solutions for process improvements within the Finance Department.
- Work with Financial Reporting users to develop more efficient methods of performing job functions and partner with IS/QA to implement systems and enact process improve.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
- Typically reports to Director of Finance and/or IT Accountable for direct supervision of the work activities of others.
- In addition to personnel issues -- including selection, termination, performance appraisal and professional development of subordinates.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE: 5
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Degree in Accounting
- CPA Required
- CFE, CISA preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge of SAP Financial systems is a strong plus
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office and strong technical proficiency in Excel and Access
- Proven analytical, problem identification and resolution skills.
- Candidate must be a pro-active with strong time management skills.
- Expected to handle confidential information appropriately
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.