The Sr. Analyst of Strategy for MarTech and AdTech is part of the MadTech Product Management strategy team and supports strategic initiatives related to to marketing and advertising technology. The Sr. Analyst will assist in KPI and Key Result tracking, future-state discovery, the documenting of emerging technology trends, risks, and disruptors, and the sourcing of internal data to drive decision-making. The Sr. Analyst will lead tech stack audits, create maturity models, and triage new business initiatives as well as work with partners to determine business value of those initiatives. They will work closely with internal partners to understand pain points and synthesize information from multiple groups to identify broader strategies. They will also help support the annual strategic planning process.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
50% - Planning Process
- Supports the strategic and operational planning cycle through building models, performing business analysis and benchmarking studies.
- Works closely with the business to help communicate the strategy and planning outcomes.
40% - Strategic Projects
- Analyzes business problems, structures the issue and performs analyses.
- Synthesizes data to help develop a solution, creates documents communicating solution using structured communications principles, helps present solution to team and stakeholders, and works with stakeholders to implement the solution.
10% - Competitive and Market Intelligence
- Perform research on key competitors and market trends; own regular reporting on one or more data sources
NATURE AND SCOPE
Reports to a Manager, or Director of Business Ops & Strategy.
This role had no direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONSPreferred Qualifications:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 3 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Background in business analysis in a technology environment or experience in marketing and advertising
- Strong research skills
- Experience with data analysis and visualization (ex. Excel and Tableau) and presentation tools (PowerPoint)
- Strong technical abilities including model building and accessing, structuring and analyzing data
- Proven ability to solve problems and perform strategic/financial analysis
- Proven ability to analyze, evaluate, and interpret complex data; innate intellectual curiosity
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- High comfort level working in high growth / fast paced environment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.