Store Managers (SMs) are accountable for leading profitable operations of their store. Store Managers (SMs) are responsible for executing the three focal points of the company's retail strategy: customer service, in-stock, and store appearance in their store. SMs are responsible for achieving profitability in their stores by coaching and developing associates to drive sales through providing great customer service, resolving people issues, utilizing financial and store reports to identify operational opportunities, monitoring market trends and competition and executing effective game plans to consistently improve in all of these areas. SMs must effectively communicate the company's retail strategy and ensure its execution through strategic planning and timely follow-up. SMs must stay ground-engaged by taking an active role in all aspects of the business including sales and profit drivers, operational excellence and the people-side of the business. SMs must establish a presence in their store by conducting regular store walks, town hall meetings and staff meetings with associates. SMs are responsible for developing leaders and building a deep talent bench for store leadership positions. A successful SM will lead by example as a champion of people while delivering consistent results in sales, service and profitability through operational excellence.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
NATURE AND SCOPE
- 15%-Effectively communicate and partner with the District Manager and District team to drive alignment, establish the store's direction, and resolve issues; Ensure execution of the company's strategy and direction through Playbooks and Priority Communications
- 15%-Analyze and interpret sales and financial reporting to asses opportunities and determine successes in department's/key areas and provide guidance to store team to consistently improve in opportunities; Review and analyze store's shrink and safety performance; identify trends and implement appropriate game plans for improvement
- 10%-Conduct store walks with Assistant Store Managers (ASMs) and Department Supervisors (DSs) to assess sales, service and profitability opportunities, and create effective game plans to accomplish necessary improvements. Host store walks with the District/Regional team to review game plan effectiveness and monitor execution
- 20%-Facilitate weekly staff meetings with ASMs and DSs to establish and implement store goals and objectives; Monitor associate engagement levels and drive employer of choice initiatives; Empower and inspire associates to make an emotional connection with customers and the community
- 20%-Teach, coach and train 1) store management and Associates on operational processes, merchandising standards, store appearance and profitability; 2) store leadership teams on creating a safe working environment and a culture of operational excellence 3) store leadership teams to achieve alignment and operational improvements
- 20%-Support the implementation and monitoring of pilot programs and new store initiatives to improve simplification in the stores; Evaluate in-stock levels of merchandise and ensure follow-through by store management on resolving out of stocks; Maximize turns by driving Green/Reduced Tag and Clearance processes
Position Reports to District Manager
Position has 4-9 Direct reports
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Environment: Located in a comfortable indoor area. Conditions could produce mild discomfort on occasion.
Travel: Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Education Required: The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diploma and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 2 years
Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting material or equipment of moderate weight (8-20 pounds).
At least 3 years prior merchandising and/or operational experience
At least 3 years leadership experience, preferably big box retail
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
Ability to interpret sales reporting documents
Experience in leveraging sales and profit opportunities through shrink management
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.