The Assortment Analyst – Online Merchandising will be responsible for understanding and analyzing the key drivers of performance related to homedepot.com merchandising. The role works with Online Merchants, Merchandise Planning Managers, and other cross-functional business partners to identify opportunities and recommend/ execute strategies to achieve business objectives and maximize sales and profitability. The Assortment Analyst will conduct internal sales and competitive analyses that help identify financial strategies for product selection and pricing. The Assortment Analyst will also be responsible for executing and continuously improving daily/weekly/monthly reporting efforts as well as contributing to projects that further strategic business initiatives related to supplier engagement, profitability and productivity.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 50%- Work with Online Merchants, Merchandise Planning Managers, and cross functional partners to analyze business drivers and recommend/execute strategies to achieve business objectives
- 30%- Contribute to projects and new initiatives which further strategic business objectives
- 20%- Execute key daily/weekly/monthly business performance reporting; seek out opportunities to continuously improve reporting efforts
NATURE AND SCOPE
Reports to a Manager, Online Assortment
This role has no direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 2 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- MBA or equivalent work experience in retail, merchandising, or a consulting/ project management role in a corporate environment, preferred
- Strong bias for action; ability to manage multiple priorities and create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Demonstrated ability with business modeling capabilities using tools such as SQL, Excel, Access, and Tableau and advanced proficiency with other Microsoft Office programs (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong communication skills including the ability to effectively articulate viewpoint to executive leadership and build compelling executive level presentations
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Ability to understand business drivers and influence decision making with cross-functional partners
- Proven ability to analyze, evaluate, and interpret complex data; innate intellectual curiosity
- Track record of taking ownership and driving results; ability to learn quickly and independently
- Ability to work simultaneously across several work streams balancing quality of work and consistent delivery
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- High comfort level working in fast paced environment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.