Work Schedule: Must be flexible to work weekends
MUST RESIDE WITHIN 20 MILES: LITTLE ROCK
POSITION PURPOSE: The Lead Rental Technician (LRT) is a skilled technician, adept at performing a full range of equipment repairs on light construction equipment (skid steers, chippers, trenchers, mini-excavators, etc.) in a group of The Home Depot stores in the vicinity. This position reports directly to the Regional Rental Manager (RRM), and follows the daily priorities as set by the Rental Field Operations Manager (RFOM) and RRM.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Responsible for maintaining a fleet of rental equipment.
- Diagnose, maintain and repair all components of the machine, including gas and diesel engines, hydraulics, electrical systems, fuel systems, and brake systems.
- Reviews Down Equipment Report and communicates with RFOM to prioritize repairs and service calls.
- Obtains parts needed for repairs, while maintaining accurate parts inventory.
- Utilizes company technology platform to document all work performed on equipment, including labor and parts.
- Communicates with other technicians, store associates, and customers in order to fully understand the mechanical problems being reported.
- Provides expert knowledge to all Rental associates in the proper operation of the equipment and standard operating procedures.
- Supports rental centers by explaining the large equipment program and addressing any store-specific issues.
- Provides support throughout the rental period for customers and rental associates, which may include providing best-in-class delivery.
- Deploys new equipment to store locations, including performing PDIs, delivering to the store, and training store associates on operation of the equipment.
- Performs work at store locations, company shop locations, and job sites.
- Performs other duties assigned by the RFOM or RRM.
NATURE AND SCOPE This position reports to the Regional Rental Manager This position has no direct reports
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Environment: Working conditions include working in the outdoors, including in extreme temperatures; working around dirt, grease, fumes, oils, and chemicals; prolonged exposure to loud noises from engines, compressors, power tools, and equipment.
Travel: Typically requires overnight travel less than 5% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements: Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Must be twenty-one years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
- Ability to diagnose and complete advanced mechanical repairs, including engines, hydraulics, and electrical systems
- Ability to lift up to 80 lbs. safely
- Ability to read and understand technical repair and parts manuals for equipment, including mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, and other components
- Experience, ability and desire to provide superior customer service
- Working knowledge of handheld technology (smartphone, laptop, tablet)
- Ability to operate in extreme outdoor working conditions
- Valid driver’s license (ability to drive in a CMV capacity)
Education Required: The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diploma/GED or equivalent experience
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 3 years
Physical Requirements: Include significant physical demands such as lifting (up to 80 lbs.) from the waist, lifting from the shoulder, prolonged standing, bending, kneeling, crawling underneath equipment, climbing on top of equipment, reaching and stretching. Position will require repetitive hand, wrist, and arm movements, including skilled work with fingers. Occasionally, employee will be required to work at heights.
Preferred Education Requirements: Technical or Trade School
- Experience in the equipment rental industry
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies: Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently
With convenience at our core, The Home Depot Rental allows you to save time and get the job done faster. In addition to a wide assortment of pro-grade tools, equipment, trucks, and trailers, we offer knowledgeable, resourceful, and dependable associates who are ready to provide solutions that will help finish the job or project at hand.
The Home Depot Rental operates in over 1100 locations of The Home Depot across the US and Canada, offering large towable equipment, tools, trucks and trailer rental along with on-site equipment delivery. The large equipment fleet includes trenchers, chippers, mini-excavators, skid steers, aerial work platform equipment, and tractor loader backhoes among others. We have a large team of highly trained technicians, shop techs, and VIP Delivery Technicians and customer care associates throughout the United States and Canada
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.