This position represents the Company in corporate, securities and corporate finance matters. Candidate will support an Associate General Counsel with all filings with the SEC, securities matters and offerings, corporate governance and board issues, shareholder matters and ESG-related disclosures, treasury matters, and subsidiary management, and may also periodically assist with mergers and acquisitions activity. Candidate and will provide regulatory and compliance counseling with respect to many substantive areas including federal securities laws, stock exchange requirements, and state corporate laws, and will support a broad array of internal business clients, including investor relations, financial reporting, stock administration, public relations, treasury, and strategic business development. The successful candidate must have a customer service focus, the ability to identify and analyze complex legal issues, and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Provide advice and counsel regarding, and oversee compliance with, SEC and NYSE rules and regulations applicable to the Company, including drafting, managing and filing applicable disclosure documents.
- Manage and provide advice with respect to corporate governance requirements and best practice, including related documentation and research or benchmarking projects.
- Assist with addressing ESG matters, related disclosures and related inquiries from various stakeholders.
- Assist in preparation of Board materials.
- Assist with maintenance of subsidiary records and related requirements.
- Provide contract drafting and negotiation and related client counseling for multiple business clients, including treasury, finance, investor relations and stock administration, including advising these clients on day-to-day legal and regulatory issues.
- Manage outside counsel.
- Assist with support of the Company’s M&A activity.
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Typically reports to an Associate General Counsel.
- Areas of specialization are Securities Law, Business Law, Corporate Governance, and Mergers & Acquisitions.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 8 years
- The completion of a Juris Doctor or equivalent and required certifications for practicing law.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles. Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Prior experience as in-house counsel.
- Ten years of practice experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Project management and client service skills, including the ability to work as a team member to maintain project timelines and foster strong relationships with business clients and team members.
- Proven drafting and negotiation skills.
- The ability to work independently on numerous activities and prioritize them properly while meeting deadlines.
- The ability to confront conflict and difficult issues in a professional, assertive and proactive manner.
- Ability to articulate business needs clearly and accurately and present clear and concise solutions allowing business clients to make strategic decisions.
- The ability to develop, organize, implement and manage standard procedures.
- High degree of oral and written communication and analytical skills.
- The ability to work collaboratively with legal and business colleagues across multiple disciplines.
- Comfortable challenging the status-quo while abiding by our values-based culture.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.