The Designer will assist the Director of Trend & Design to produce new
style directions that reflect market trends and match customer needs. They will partner with Global Product Merchants on merchandise selection in development of product.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Gather market data on key fashion trends and conduct competitive shops to keep abreast of trends
- Identifies emerging themes and new inspirations with Director of Design and Merchandising VP
- Creates presentation boards and presents and recommends seasonal concepts to merchandising team
- Partners with store planning and visual teams to implement design
- Conducts color forecasting and color matching for seasonal color stories
- Coordinates furniture, flooring, kitchens and baths, and accessories for in-store strike points
- Maintains and gathers trend information for the home industry
- Utilizes computer design programs to draw and/or edit images
NATURE AND SCOPE
The position will report to the Sr Manager Trend and Design
No direct responsibility for supervising others.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Conditions could produc
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 2 years
Most of the time is spent sitting or standing in the same location or there may be a need to stoop regularly or move/lift light material or equipment
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Knowledge of the competition; knows the business and industry.
- Knowledge of design-related computer software
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.