The Senior Analyst is part of a team dedicated to driving projects and initiatives that develop new capabilities within The Home Depot’s Direct Fulfillment Centers (DFC). Serving as a liaison between field operations, corporate partners, and IT.
The Senior Analyst works with cross functional project teams to:
- Determine operational & business requirements
- Support current system functionality
- Identify & create additional THD supported DFC applications
- Build data structures or reports for DFC operations & leadership
- Discover areas to automate, optimize & explore new technology
- Analyze operational data to determine potential ROI of projects
- Provide on-site support for pilot initiatives
- Manage key deliverables for key initiatives or projects
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- 25% Utilizes quantitative skills to create and analyze reports to support business execution.
- Supports the business through ad-hoc queries, and maintains reports from a variety of resources as specific to department or organizational needs"
- 25% Develops business tools and solutions based on knowledge, product or technology
- Identifies Logistics process improvement opportunities through strategic thinking, critical thinking and analysis
- 20% Provides recommendations to senior management
- Mentors and guides Logistics Analysts
- 20% Performs data management through a combination of data mining, data modeling, data analysis, cost/benefit analysis, process mapping, and/or problem analysis; while executing day to day processes related to area of responsibility. Develops and maintains cost estimates, forecasts, and cost models.
Supports the business through ad-hoc queries, and maintains reports from a variety of resources as specific to department or organizational needs."
- 10% Manages vendor/business partner relationships
Nature and Scope
- Responsible for helping others and providing on-the-job training or guidance
Environmental Job Requirements
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass the Background Check
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience - 3
Physical Job Requirements
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may
- Proficient in SQL and Tableau
- Familiarity with Python and VBA
- Experience in leading cross-functional meetings & communication to complete deliverables
- Ability to identify issues or risks with a process or design and create solutions to correct the process or design
- Research and identify new technology for automation solutions within the DFC
- Analyze operational data to determine the ROI of potential project or pilot
- Skill to communicate with business, operations, and IT to create Agile user stories and acceptance criteria
- Performed and engage in user acceptance testing
- Capable of balancing and prioritizing multiple work-streams based on current business or IT constraints
- Develop training and SOPs for new or updated processes / projects
- Effectively communicate & train business changes to all necessary partners
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies
- Business Analysis: Clarifies and resolves complex business issues by breaking them down into meaningful components to determine root cause and redesigning internal and external business processes.
- Business Communication: Writes, speaks, and presents clearly and succinctly across a variety of communication settings and adjusts communication style to the audience by translating and articulating technical concepts to non-technical groups.
- Creative Thinking: Demonstrates originality and imagination in thinking while developing a solution to a problem.
- Financial Acumen: Utilizes fundamental concepts of finance to manage budgets, forecast costs, and provide information to account for the financial impact of decision-making.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.