MUST RESIDE WITHIN 20 MILES OF TARGET CITY
*Must be at least 21 to drive in a DOT capacity
SCHEDULE: SUNDAY - THURSDAY / 8:00 am - 4:30 pm.
With convenience at our core, The Home Depot Rental allows you to save time and get the job done faster. In addition to a wide assortment of pro-grade tools, equipment, trucks, and trailers, we offer knowledgeable, resourceful, and dependable associates who are ready to provide solutions that will help finish the job or project at hand.
The Home Depot Rental operates in over 1100 locations of The Home Depot across the US and Canada, offering large towable equipment, tools, trucks and trailer rental along with on-site equipment delivery. The large equipment fleet includes trenchers, chippers, mini-excavators, skid steers, aerial work platform equipment, and tractor loader backhoes among others. With a large team of highly trained technicians, shop techs, and VIP Delivery Technicians and customer care associates throughout the United States and Canada.
The Lead Rental Technician (LRT) is a skilled technician, adept at performing a full range of equipment repairs on light construction equipment (skid steers, chippers, trenchers, mini-excavators, etc.) in a group of The Home Depot stores in the vicinity. This position reports directly to the Regional Rental Manager (RRM), and follows the daily priorities as set by the Rental Field Operations Manager (RFOM) and RRM.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Responsible for maintaining a fleet of rental equipment.
- Diagnose, maintain and repair all components of the machine, including gas and diesel engines, hydraulics, electrical systems, fuel systems, and brake systems.
- Reviews Down Equipment Report and communicates with RFOM to prioritize repairs and service calls.
- Obtains parts needed for repairs, while maintaining accurate parts inventory.
- Utilizes company technology platform to document all work performed on equipment, including labor and parts.
- Communicates with other technicians, store associates, and customers in order to fully understand the mechanical problems being reported.
- Provides expert knowledge to all Rental associates in the proper operation of the equipment and standard operating procedures.
- Supports rental centers by explaining the large equipment program and addressing any store-specific issues.
- Provides support throughout the rental period for customers and rental associates, which may include providing best-in-class delivery.
- Deploys new equipment to store locations, including performing PDIs, delivering to the store, and training store associates on operation of the equipment.
- Performs work at store locations, company shop locations, and job sites.
- Performs other duties assigned by the RFOM or RRM.
NATURE AND SCOPE
This position reports to the Regional Rental Manager
This position has no direct reports
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Working conditions include working in the outdoors, including in extreme temperatures; working around dirt, grease, fumes, oils, and chemicals; prolonged exposure to loud noises from engines, compressors, power tools, and equipment.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 5% of the time.
Must be twenty-one years of age or older to drive in a DOT capacity
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- Experience in the landscape/construction/fleet management field
- Strong light construction equipment maintenance knowledge and/or skills including small engines and hydraulics
- Ability to lift up to 80 lbs. safely
- Read mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and illustrated parts lists
- Strong work ethic, capable of leading a team
- Experience, ability and desire to provide superior customer service
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently
- Experience in all aspects of the equipment rental industry
- Strong handheld technology skills
- Valid driver’s license (ability to drive in a CMV capacity)
- High School Diploma, GED, Technical or Trade School - or equivalent experience
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.